If Lamar Jackson is on the board at 17 do the Chargers select him?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

If Lamar Jackson is on the board at 17 do the Chargers select him?

I believe if he is still on the board at 17 the Chargers will take him. Not sure how I feel about it, but I can see it happening.

What say you?
    Yes
    13.64%
    No
    86.36%
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

I said "no" which probably means Bolts are considering it.

Comment

I can see it happening, but don't think it will.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you think that he does well besides being a great athlete? Do you think he can stand the pounding from NFL players if he decides to hold onto the ball?

To me, he is a skinny (read much less physically durable), somewhat faster version of Tim Tebow.

• bonehead
          bonehead commented
          Editing a comment
          Why are you down on this guy so much? Don’t get it. Did u ever see him play? Sure he ran a lot but he threw for over 7000 yards and 57 TDS in last 2 years. Doesn’t that count for something? Oh and that was in the ACC not the Mountain West

• Panamamike
          Panamamike commented
          Editing a comment
          He throws a lot better than Tebow (not saying much. I throw better than Tebow with my off hand...lol), and even Vick coming out. However, he is really thin and i doubt he can withstand the pounding. He also does not go through progressions well. In addition to it not being a pressing need yet given Rivers just had arguably his best season, a first rd pick on a qb woukd be a huge waste IMO. PASS FOR ME.
      • Screeme
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I said as much in another thread. In also not sure how I feel about it, because I don't think a QB is a direct need yet. (Next year, maybe..).. But it makes a lot of sense, especially since, if we're as good as we think. Grabbing a QB of Jackson's caliber with Rivers at the helm will be difficult and he fits Lynn to a T.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

An offensive coordinator told NFL Network he doesn't expect Lamar Jackson to make it as a quarterback.

"Will not be able to play quarterback in this league, mark my words," the coordinator said. "When he throws, he hopes." A quarterbacks coach added that Jackson struggled to "verbalize" his offensive scheme at Louisville. Jackson's accuracy and football IQ have been questioned throughout the pre-draft process, but he's not expected to fall out of the first round.

Comment

• richpjr
                richpjr commented
                Editing a comment
                Please Tommy, do not draft him.

• bonehead
                bonehead commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, the offensive coordinator from the team that wants to draft him...LOL
            • oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think Tommy could select him, so hopefully he's not there when the Chargers pick
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I don't think he is even on the radar. I believe TT is focused in the early rds on addressing the few weaknesses on the roster and QB isn't one of them.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

I keep reading people say that NFL people just need to embrace what he does well and design the offense to fit his skill set. Do NFL teams ever do that?

A lot of NFL teams do it for a guys rookie year. They just play a very limited offense, do a little bit of stuff, including whatever got the guy famous in college. Then, when they finish, after D show they are kinda figuring the guy out, the OC and HC admit, next season, he is going to have to do more. And it all goes downhill from there. We keep doing this for as long as I can remember. I remember everyone saying that about Vince Evans when he played for the Bears, and it didn't happen then.

And people who love Jackson will point to what a different player this is. There has never really been a player just like him before (there have, they just never have really paid attention, but let's ignore that one for a while). The guy is going to transform the NFL..... Any of this sound familiar... It is a cycle. We do this every few years. And every few years, a guy will come along and have some success. Then it will be just like when Kaepernick, RG3, Wilson and all those guys were going to transform the NFL and there were never going to be any more of the Brady Rivers Mannings types again........ And here we are........ again.

Jackson is another guy like all the option QB in the past. He has a lot of things going for him. I just don't think it is enough. He needs to learn how to play a traditional passing QB to allow him to force defenses to defend his arm so that he can exploit them with his legs.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bonehead
                      bonehead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So why would Lamar Jackson be any different? He will learn and grow like any young QB

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Most of the QB you cater to and run "do what they do best" and let them start end up floundering in the end. A few like Ben, and Wilson do develop, but most don't.

Teams are better off sitting the kid, let them develop and play them later. But teams that draft at the bottom of the draft are only going to have the coaches and GM's come back if they show some signs of hope, and a QB gives them the best chance, even if it is invisible.

The other thing he does that gives me no hope he will develop is often just watches the pass rushers and just takes off instead of reading the D downfield. From watching college QB, I think that is probably an innate quality, meaning they will never grow out of it. I have never seen young QB who does that and grows out of it. Just my opinion, but I have seen it happen enough I feel somewhat confident.

• Panamamike
                      Panamamike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Watson throws the balk to all levels much more accurately. He also reada a D better.
                  Working...
                  X