What day three gem will TT find this year?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

What day three gem will TT find this year?

Jonah Tuls@JonahTulsNFL
    Look at Sam follow the QB's eyes to the ball. Looks like he baited Browning into making this throw and almost created a turnover as a result. Excellent zone coverage play.
    9:00 PM - Mar 25, 2018
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Jonah Tuls@JonahTulsNFL
    Chalk this one up as a crazy play for Christian Sam. Unreal read/reactionary quickness to pick this ball off. You can tell he studied this one.
    10:06 PM - Mar 25, 2018
    Simply put it, Christian Sam knew this play before the snap. That is how fast he reads and reacts to his keys. He trusts his eyes and converts that message to his feet, resulting in absurd reactionary quickness to make plays like this. If he did not lose his balance, this is a pick six. The most important trait for a linebacker, at least in my opinion, is the ability to diagnose and anticipate with instincts. Sam is one of the best in this class at doing that, and while he is not a premiere athlete like some others in this linebacker class, he is ready to step in and contribute at the next level more so than most of his counterparts.

Jonah Tuls@JonahTulsNFL
    Sam mirrors the ball carrier, closes and finishes.
    9:28 PM - Mar 25, 2018
    Patience and discipline is the key here for Sam on this play. He stays square, mirrors the running back, and closes with burst to bring him down. Sam does not have the stopping power of someone like Tremaine Edmunds, but he plays more under control, trusting his technique in the run game. While not a flashy play, he will be asked to execute this kind of stop often at the next level.

Jonah Tuls@JonahTulsNFL
    Sam reads screen quickly, takes it away and drills Browning with his shoulder.
    9:22 PM - Mar 25, 2018
    One of the biggest criticisms I see with Sam and other undersized linebackers is that they dodge blocks too often. While everyone would love to have a Reuben Foster on their team, I think block evasion is all about efficiency. Of course you want linebackers to consistently stack and shed in the run game, but this play should not be a negative on the scouting report. He gives center Coleman Shelton a bit of a hesitation move and sidesteps him to get free. Subsequently, Sam explodes with his lower body to drive the ball carrier back near the LOS. I am also a fan of team chirp after the play as well. Just an overall, fundamentally-sound play from snap to finish.

Jonah Tuls@JonahTulsNFL
    Christian Sam is a prospect that is growing on me. Always around the ball, and he is a much stronger player at the point of attack than given credit for. Nice job of stacking and shedding this Coleman Shelton block.
    8:49 PM - Mar 25, 2018
    After a relatively weak linebacker class last year, the depth of the linebacker group in the 2018 NFL draft definitely stands out. As a result, I expect to see a couple of starting-caliber linebackers at the top of the board on Day 3. Talented players like Tegray Scales, Jerome Baker, Jack Cichy, and Genard Avery come
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

I'm hoping it's Jake Weineke, WR from South Dakota State.

(Highlights from game vs TCU, when he was a Junior)

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Heatmiser
      Heatmiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Coach, I think they could get him as UDFA. Has some skills but his speed and after the catch are below average. Also will struggle to make this roster, given the WR depth.

TG

• Coachmarkos
      Coachmarkos commented
      Editing a comment
      You're probably right. But he's really good. The top 2 WR's out of the FCS the past 4 years were Cooper Kupp from Eastern Washington, and Weineke. He's not super fast, but he's good. Think Adam Thielen for the Vikings. But Wieneke is actually better than Thielen was in college. I'm always biased towards Jackrabbits players, anyway... LOL.
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Some guys at need positions that I like on day 3 that I think can help us now and develop into special players...

Charvarious Ward CB
    Darius Leonard LB
    Nate Shepard DL
    trayvon Henderson FS
    Touray EDGE

a guy that may go undrafted...Lb penn state. Tackling machine Jason Cabinda
    Last edited by Panamamike; 04-26-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'll add a second for Darius Leonard!

Also impressed with Siran Neal a safety from JState...

Comment

• Heatmiser
        Heatmiser commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are some nice highlights. Is he a safety or a big corner?

TG
    • Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
      I'll add a second for Darius Leonard!

Also impressed with Siran Neal a safety from JState...
      Like Neal too. Not sure how i forgot to mention him.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Tarvarius Moore, FS ( in round 3 because I really want this guy.)

Look at these explosion numbers, God doesn't make many guys with this type of leg talent.

Ran verified 4.32-second 40-yard dash twice at his pro day with a 38.5-inch vertical leap and 11-foot-1 broad jump
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Tarvarius Moore, FS ( in round 3 because I really want this guy.)

Look at these explosion numbers, God doesn't make many guys with this type of leg talent.
          i agree. I like him...just not in the third. it is a very deep S class and he is really raw and inexperienced. Great measurables and could be a ST ace early in career.

Comment

Working...
          X