Cleveland Browns again prove they are the laughingstock of the NFL.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Cleveland Browns again prove they are the laughingstock of the NFL.

And once again they will continue to suck and wonder why there first round pick is a flop. Baker Mayfield does not take anything serious and I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the Browns select a QB with the first pick again within three years. I just don't get it with this team when it comes to picking quarterbacks in the first round. You have Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen Available to draft who are both on another level from Mayfield and yet you take the worst option there is.
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Hmmm.....I have tried to stay up on the QBs discussion and some argue Mayfield maybe was themost ready. The kid may have a cockiness to him but kids do grow up. Im not convinced hes going to be a failure due to his off the field actions. The kid has been successful and proved as a walkon he was severely overlooked. He has confidence and drive and has shown he can step up. I hope he takes Cleveland out of the dumps. He msy even sit the first year to mature and learn the ropes with them finally having a starting qb already.

i wish them luck and think he may be the type to turn the situation around.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Tyrod Taylor will still probably be in the league longer

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

i think they blew both picks.

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
          Me too. Only the Browns could screw up a draft in which they had 2 picks in the top 5, SMH.
          sigpic

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I always get nervous when teams decide they HAVE to make a pick at such and such position. That is what this looks like at both spots. I don't necessarily think these guys are bad players, but I do think you put both into some bad positions. Can the Browns generate enough pass rush to help out the CB? Can they protect Mayfield and give him some help with a ground game?

If nothing else they could have helped us out and drafted Chubb so he didn't get to the Broncos. Now we have to face him 2x per year.

Comment

• therber219
              therber219 commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought the best option for their team would have been to take Barkley 1st, and Chubb at 4, or maybe even Quentin Nelson...and if they really felt like thei needed a QB, IMO, Rosen was the most ready to go....Barkley and Chubb would have made them imiediately respectable i think.

He couldn't even out run some police officers. Can't wait to see what the AFC North pass rushers do to him.

University of Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield arrest footage. Mayfield tries to escape from the cops but is tackled almost immediately.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I don't think either pick was terrible. People get caught up on where a player gets picked. Mayfield can become a Brees with Rivers' competitiveness and leadership. That would be an outstanding QB. Cleveland got the QB they wanted. Period.

Ward is the best CB in this draft. No qualms on that pick, either.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I didn't like the Ward pick, simply because I don't feel like elite CBs exist anymore, especially with all the rule changes. They're just not game changers IMO.

As far as Mayfield goes, we'll see. In some ways, maybe a guy with his attitude/swagger/whatever is exactly what the Browns need to turn around a dismal franchise. Somebody with a no-fucks-given mentality that doesn't care about walking into a bottom of the barrel situation. His off-the-field issues and possible physical limitations are a concern, but can't argue against this guy's drive and competitive spirit. I think the latter is where he differs from a guy like Manzel.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Mayfield is a great QB waiting to happen. I finally think the Browns got their guy.

Comment

• floydefisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • siberiacuse, ny
                    • Send PM

I don't like this pick either...but not for the reasons you think.

With a small QB, you need to adjust your blocking schemes so he can see the defense better. That means holding the initial block longer to keep the DL's from blocking his view of the secondary. There is a downside to that...your QB takes a shit ton of hits, and can get killed.

Expect Mayfield to get injured early and often, and not develop due to all the injuries. Eventually, he will spend his life as a backup on some other team after Cleveland trades him to clear space for yet another QB of the future.

Bad pick, yet again.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The size thing is people just trying to rationalize an excuse for not taking small QB.

All the QB in the 1st round this year may end up getting killed, because none of the OL are any good at pass protection. Most also don't have the kind of receivers and running games needed to support a QB. Their offenses were terrible for a reason.
                  • bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                    Me too.......just reviewing some of Mayfields antics made me wonder how he will be in the looker room

i think they should have gone with Chubb and taken a very good corner at #33
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltx
                      Boltx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Barkley and Chubb might have been the safer pics, but I think their fans and the media would have killed them for not taking one of the QBs.
                  Working...
                  X