Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post
      :bf::bf::bf::bf:
      Looking forward to seeing our 5th dancing banana. #4 was a great pick.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Gwynning_Spirit commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm loving this draft!
    • Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

cbssports

119. Kyzir White, FS, West Virginia

Grade: B

Bradley gets more speed for this defense. White better at LB than S. Downhill run thumper.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Kyzir White, CB, West Virginia

NFL Draft analysis for Kyzir White, CB, West Virginia

Draft Prospect Outlook:

Aggressive coming downhill and will make many plays on the football due to that aggression. Lacks in the agility and downfield speed departments. Hybrid safety / corner.

College Recap:

Kyzir White was a 247Sports Composite four-star recruit, the No. 12 overall junior college player and the top-rated safety in the 2016 recruiting class. He's spent the past two years as the starter at the most important position in West Virginia's 3-3-5 defense. White played the spur safety spot, a hybrid role that combines run and pass responsibilities with blitzing privileges off the edge. A hard hitter who can hold his own in pass coverage, White was the starter from the first day he stepped on campus all the way to a career-best 13-tackle day in his final game.

White made 58 tackles and seven tackles for a loss and added three sacks in 2016. He made seven stops in his first game, had two sacks, including a sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery in the red zone, in a win on the road against Texas and broke his hand in near the end of the season. He missed one game and was back in the starting lineup in the bowl game, when he had six tackles, a tackle for a loss and a pass breakup against Miami. White was second on the team with 94 tackles in 2017 and had 7 1/2 tackles for a loss and three interceptions. He picked off two passes against East Carolina, had back-to-back 10-tackle games to finish the regular season and then closed his career with 13 stops against Utah in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. His brother, Kevin, was drafted No. 7 overall by the Chicago Bears in 2015. His other brother, Ka'Raun, was a 1,000-yard receiver for the Mountaineers this season. Their sister, Kiyae', is a member of the Auburn basketball team. - Mike Casazza, EerSports.com
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

White, who is the brother of Chicago Bears wide receiver Kevin White, played two seasons at West Virginia after transferring from Lackawanna College, where he was a junior college All-American in 2015. White stepped into the lineup as a junior for the Mountaineers in 2016 as a safety/linebacker hybrid and had 58 tackles, seven tackles for loss, three sacks, five passes defensed, and two forced fumbles. In 2017, White gained second-team All-Big 12 honors after totaling 94 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, four passes defensed and three interceptions.

At the NFL Scouting Combine, White measured in at 6-2, 216 pounds and posted a vertical jump of 35.5 inches with a broad jump of 113 inches and 21 bench press reps of 225 pounds. After playing a hybrid role at West Virginia, White said at his school's pro day he isn't certain yet what position he'll play in the NFL.

"It's still up in the air," White said. "A lot of people think I look more like a linebacker because I'm a bigger safety, but it's just up in the air really."

Lance Zierlein of NFL.com projects White as a Round 3 or 4 draft pick and says he could continue in a hybrid role on the next level.

"Teams are looking to transition him into a hybrid role with the ability to cover tight ends like a safety and support the run like a linebacker," wrote Zierlein. "While he's nothing special as an athlete, his competitiveness and play-demeanor should earn him a spot as a starter."

NFLDraftScout.com projects White as a Round 4 selection and ranks him as the No. 5 strong safety in the draft and the No. 131 prospect overall.

"White is a mean-spirited hunter and displays an understanding of football geometry, making him at-worst a core special teams player," NFLDraftScout.com says. "Like most safeties, he is at his best with the play in front of him, but his NFL ceiling will hinge on his development in coverage."
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            They didn't draft him in the 4th round to turn him into a thick-necked guy. He is going to play the dime LB spot that Phillips played and basically the same position he has been playing at WVU.
        • Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            He has played like a LB during college. I think he is going to find he has already been doing it.
        • Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I found a site that had him running a 4.74 40. Not great for a S, but acceptable for a LB.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Shortly after the Chargers took him in the fourth round, linebacker Kyzir White called Chargers.com to give his exclusive first interview as a member of the Bolts.

Chargers.com:White:Chargers.com:White:Chargers.com: So you were surprised?

White:Chargers.com:White:Chargers.com:White:Chargers.com: What kind of player are the Chargers getting?

White: A very passionate player! A hard worker. Energetic. I love football and play with a lot of passion.

Chargers.com:Joey Bosa, Casey Hayward, Melvin Ingram and so on?

White:Chargers.com: Your older brother plays for the Chicago Bears, and you have another one waiting to get drafted. How special is this day for your family?

White:Chargers.com: Finally, we always let the newest pick give their first message to their new fans. So what is it you want to tell them?

White:

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

The Chargers new focus.

Chargers.com: What kind of player are the Chargers getting?

White: A very passionate player! A hard worker. Energetic. I love football and play with a lot of passion.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltaction
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Love this draft, speed at every position on defense and players that dominate and drive through the tackle. Drafting defense.

Throw money at offense in players that take time to develop on offense. Pouncy, Virgil TE. Lamp and Mike Williams coming back finally healthy.

Offense improved at 4 positions, and defense possibly improved at 4 positions from this draft this year.

Great moves TT.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

White had a high 2nd round grade on him for a while early in the process. Never know why publications drop players. But Draftek stuck with their big board for most of the season. White listed as their 53rd ranked player. So by their standards we stole White. And Quessenberry right around 100 on the board. Both great value.

​​​​​​https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL...pects-2018.asp

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Kyzir White FS, West Virginia
                    Height: 6-2 Weight: 216

Bradley gets more speed for this defense. White better at LB than S. Downhill run thumper.
                    B
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                    X