X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Loved the guy that announced the selection, vamos Chargers!
    That guy is a stand-up comedian named Mario Salazar (he lives in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas). I did a show at our local comedy club with him a few years ago,
    and became friends with him when I found out he was a Charger fan too. He's very funny.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post

That guy is a stand-up comedian named Mario Salazar (he lives in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas). I did a show at our local comedy club with him a few years ago,
      and became friends with him when I found out he was a Charger fan too. He's very funny.
      You do stand up comedy?
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir!

• Formula 21
        Formula 21 commented
        Editing a comment
        In San Diego? I’d come out to watch you.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I live in Oklahoma now, so I'm mostly doing things in Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas, but next time we get out to San Diego, I'll line up a show out there even if it's an open mic.

Here's a video for Stinky and Mr. Hoarse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC6fPttgGe8

Here's another one where he's got a Chargers hat on

Comedian, Mario Salazar, comments on his love for south Texas. Filmed live at the historic Cine El Rey in McAllen, TX. Follow Mario on IG @superstarcomedyAn ...
      Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Mario, the fan, was on the radio this morning, and said that he basically faked his way onto the floor, so he wasn't selected by the club. They asked the few Charger fans there if there was a volunteer, and he was the most enthusiastic.

His tie to San Diego was that he was stationed at Miramar. He said he now looked more like a submarine than a Marine, LOL. He's scheduled to do a gig in San Diego sometime in August.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
          Blue Thunder commented
          Editing a comment
          There were actually quite a few seats that weren't filled, so they were looking for fans to fill them. That's how my son and I ended up on the floor for the second day of the draft. We had our Chargers jerseys on and were at the right place at the right time.

In fact, there were still probably about 15 of the 50 seats that were empty, so they had several members of the North Mesquite high school football team sitting with us since they were wearing their team jerseys, which were blue.

BTW, it was an awesome experience!
      • Sgt Schultz
        Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
        • Jun 2013
        • Palm Springs
        • I know nothing
        • Send PM

I think Jackson reminds me of Ronnie Harmon

Comment

• Geezbolt
          Geezbolt commented
          Editing a comment
          If Jackson can get open on 3rd down, like Harmon could, when everyone in the stadium knew the ball was going to him, then TT stole another one. I hope you're right.
      • Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Wait so that guy isnt even a Charger fan?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          He is definitely a Charger fan. I have spent time with him here in Tulsa & the main reason I met him at the show we were doing together was because he was wearing a Charger hat (I normally don't bother the traveling comedians at shows because they're there for business).
      Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎