• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I still have concerns about our run defense

We are still weak up the middle and although I do like the Jones pick we don't know how he is going to perform. I'm very happy we got James because I see him being a charger the rest of his career but part of me wishes that we could have gotten Vea or Payne. James is going to make our secondary that much better then what it already was but if teams are still able to run all over us it won't make a difference.
  • RobH
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • University English Lecturer
    • Send PM

Many of the big runs happened because of piss poor tackling. It seems that we took steps towards rectifying that problem with James and Nwosu, Jones, and White. As far as I've read, they are very aggressive, solid tacklers. So while we may not so great at stopping the run at the point of attack, we shouldn't give near as many back breaking long runs, and that will help a lot.

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
      Many of the big runs happened because of piss poor tackling. It seems that we took steps towards rectifying that problem with James and Nwosu, Jones, and White. As far as I've read, they are very aggressive, solid tacklers. So while we may not so great at stopping the run at the point of attack, we shouldn't give near as many back breaking long runs, and that will help a lot.
      IMO stopping the run at point of attack is the most important thing. Heres the problem I have with our D-line they do not get any penetration up the middle and im talking specifically about our DT's.

Comment

• whookimane
        whookimane commented
        Editing a comment
        agreed
    • Bearded14YourPleasure
      Fluent in Sarcasm
      • Jun 2013
      • Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I also think we will see a lot of White, he may end up with the highest snap count among our rookies other than James. Hell I expect all 4 of our top picks to never leave the field lol.

Comment

Working...
        X