Chargers at Bills Week 2 Discussion

The Bills announces Josh Allen will start against the Chargers
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

The Joey Bosa effect: Chargers need more pass rush

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Isaac Rochell had the tough task over the weekend. He tried to replace one of the best defensive players in the game in Joey BosaKansas City Chiefs on Sunday.

Without Bosa in the game for the Chiefs to focus on, his counterpart Melvin Ingram recorded three quarterback hits but no sacks.

The Chargers had one sack of elusive quarterback Patrick MahomesBolts miss Bosa

Here's how the Chargers have performed with and without Joey Bosa since 2016.
    W-L 13-15 1-4
    Opp PPG 21.0 29.2
    Sack pct. 6.6 4.7
    Yds/rush 4.5 3.7
    Yds/pass att 6.9 7.5
    Source: ESPN Stats & Info
    Buffalo Bills and potentially quarterback Nathan Peterman on Sunday. The Chargers finished with five interceptions in the first half against Peterman last year in Los Angeles during a 54-24 win. However, Bosa had pressures on four of those picks, so his impact likely will be missed.

Admittedly, stopping Chiefs receiver Tyreek HillCasey HaywardUchenna Nwosu

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

Damn, this game worries the shit out of me. The Bills suck but it is their home opener and they have nothing to lose, a new starting qb, that Buffalo crowd, our own confidence issues, no Bosa and of course the dreaded early eastern kickoff (which the NFL really should do something about).

Just smells like that familiar Charger stink to me.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Utah, I share your concern. We seem to be so adept at fing what appears easy the hell up. I just want to be 1-1 on Sunday night

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Comment

• Chargerville
            Chargerville commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, that’s the talk before the game, but can you imagine the talk after the game if they come out and actually beat or almost beat the Chargers.

Almost meaning, we win but Allen still manages to look like an experienced QB against our defense.
            Last edited by Chargerville; 09-12-2018, 10:04 AM.

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Bearded14YourPleasure commented
            Editing a comment
            Or we make them look as silly as we did last year and everyone calms down with the pessimism.

• Chargerville
            Chargerville commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm thinking that nobody (except for maybe some Charger fans) will calm down and be overtaken by optimism if the Chargers come out and embarrass the team that a lot of experts consider to be the worst team in the NFL...especially if they come right out the very next week and get soundly beaten by the Rams.

But if they lose to the Bills (arguably the worst team in the league)... you can just imagine all of the bad media that will follow.

I know the Chargers crushed the Bills last year but the Bills haven't defeated the Chargers on the road since before I started watching football, and I've been watching since 1988... and their last three games against the Chargers on the road have all been blowouts.

2017 54-24
            2011 37-10
            2005 48-10
            Last edited by Chargerville; 09-12-2018, 11:18 AM.

Sean McDermott: Starting Josh Allen is right move for us

Nathan Petermanto my gravecommand ofa permanent moveTyrod Taylor
          The Bills have confirmed that Josh Allen will start at quarterback against the Chargers in Sunday's home opener and head coach Sean McDermott discussed the decision to change quarterbacks at his Wednesday press conference.

Comment

Chargers @ Bills game capsule: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17a...2S9fmN6xL3QJzs
            Chargers @ Bills game book: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jz...m0cBkxscDMDqWJ

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

McDermott is losing credibility. One week Peterson is the guy and earned the right to start. The very next week, Josh Allen is the best guy for the team.

Allen can run and he has a big arm. But he does not have Tyreek Hill and he does not have Eric Bienemy/Andy "Koolaid" Reid. And he has not had a year to assimilate. So all the Chargers have to do is not let him scramble for big yards and not give up stupid long passes by giving up on coverage too soon.

The big concern is Shady McCoy who eats the Chargers for lunch when they play.

Play at least average special teams (don't fumble, don't give up td returns, make FGs).

On offense, catch the ball and start fast. Please don't ask Gates to block for Gordon on the first series again.

Chargers will win if they do this, no matter how fired up the Bills are after losing so bad. Bills will tank fast if Allen screws up early and turns the ball over and the Chargers jump out to a lead. Chargers are the better team even if Bosa does not play. In fact he should sit this one out if it is even close to him not playing.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Bills supposedly have a bad OL. I hope the Chargers can capitalize.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Addition by subtraction?

Comment