• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sufan144
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Dan Bailey And PK Discussion

Chargers should at least bring him in for a workout Sturgis choked when the game was on the line even though the Chargers would have had to do an onside kick & recover to stay in the game still we need a money kicker if Bailey is healthy? They need to sign him period I can't believe I haven't really seen this on any Chargers forum
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sufan144 View Post
    Chargers should at least bring him in for a workout Sturgis choked when the game was on the line even though the Chargers would have had to do an onside kick & recover to stay in the game still we need a money kicker if Bailey is healthy? They need to sign him period I can't believe I haven't really seen this on any Chargers forum
    Welcome to the forum Sufan144!. I really do not thing he chocked. He was rush out to the field and attempt a kick. Of course I would of liked him to convert it, but it was only one kick. We shall see how he does this week. Our own Oneinchpunch (OIP) has been clamouring for Bialey to be brought in

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We have one member that is pulling for that, but realistically, Sturgis has a 2 yr contract, and the Chargers are loathe to paying out. Bailey might be the 2nd most accurate kicker, but the Cowboys lost a couple of games that might have had something to do with kicking last season. Bailey is going to get signed, by someone, but probably not the Chargers if he hasn't been in to tryout by now.

Comment

• sufan144
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

He was rushed out there however he gets paid a lot of money just to make kicks I love the Chargers I just hope this isn't an issue like last year thanks for the welcoming

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Don't we all!

Aguayo is still out there as well, and they might have him on a hot line. We should be as mad at Kaser, but no one is clamoring to sign Lechler, who probably does the same thing... overkick the coverage.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

He was rushed out there however he gets paid a lot of money just to make kicks I love the Chargers I just hope this isn't an issue like last year thanks for the welcoming
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

There was a reason he was released:

Dan Bailey's FG% dropped from 93.8% in 2015 (best season) to 84.4% in 2016, then dropped to 75% in 2017.

Evidently they did not believe he was automatic any more. Not sure about Sturges yet, but while it was a tough kick, it was disappointing to miss it.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The kick was also rushed. I put that on Lynn. It was a fairly long one and he should have called timeout first
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sufan144
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  The kick was also rushed. I put that on Lynn. It was a fairly long one and he should have called timeout first
                  It was rushed but a 48 yarder that's what he gets paid to do I hope he does well the rest of the season for our Chargers it's a long season and it's only 1 miss but we will see

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Well for one, he was rushed out there and second, the game wasnt on the line. The game was on the line when JJ Jones muffed that punt. He should be cut but he wasnt. So yes he gets paid to make FGs but everybody else gets paid to catch the ball...which they didnt, catch a punt, which he didnt. So dont blame Sturgis for a missed FG under not normal circumstances. Blame the WRs for dropping two would be TDs and Jones for a awful missed punt.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-14-2018, 04:06 PM.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan​
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Screeme
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I know were all wringing our hands over the kicking situation, but I'm not going to drop a guy after 1 48 yard missed kick. That's hardly an automatic for any kicker.

The game was not lost because of that missed kick.The instant reaction to drop him seems to have more to do with our anxiety as fans.

The more logical reaction is to drop the trash that is Travis Benjamin haha

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                        X