• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Half Way Point

At 6-2 we are in good standings for wild-card and still have a shoot at the division.

Offense is good, but my concern is in last 7 games we aren't scored a offensive TD in the 4th quarter, last time we did was opening day againts KC. I feel like they get conservative in play calling and that is why the 49ers, Titan, and Seahawks games are closer than what they should be. We need to put teams away and this offense is more than capable.

On Defense I think getting Bosa back it will help, my concerns are being able to stop the run better maybe Bosa helps, and the secondary Adaee will alway be a liability. My other concern which I thought was a strength is our conerback play Casey Hayward is not playing like he did last year, and Trevor Williams I have no clue why his play tailed off, but it is obvious that is why Micheal Davis has been playing. Davis has the skill set I think he is work in progress he is always near the reciever and ball, but he is bad in locating the ball and just using good judgement, this is not what you want in a playoff run. Hoping the return of Bosa helps the above mention issues.

The most concerning and troublesome issue is the kicker and punter. Sturgis is done, with just one XP or a makeable 41 yard FG this changes the whole complextion of the Seattle game. You can't ride with Sturgis durning a playoff run period cut him now, and get someone in there we got 8 weeks to figure this out. Jones punting is keeping teams in the game when we need a good kick he only kicking the ball 38-42 yards at best and we pray for a lucky bounce. Kaser is long gone, but what was the guy we had in training camp that also went to Texas A&M he was punting really good and there was talk about him possibly beating out Kaser.

Bottom line Offense - Stay agressive
    Defense - Bosa makes a difference and helps running game and secondary with more pressure on QB
    Special Teams- Bottom line coach Lynn make the necessary changes now till we get it right with the kicker and punter we are primed for a run, don't let this be the reason we get eliminated from the playoffs.
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Last edited by blueman; 11-05-2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I'm impressed with the D more than other posters here. Yeah they give up a lot of yards, but they maintain their discipline and don't give up many big plays by freelancing. And they're pretty tough in the red zone.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Id rather be an underdog. We are on the radar right now though. We are still fine tuning. Repair kicking is job 1 to get points per game. Get defense aligned and Bosa would be a nice late season addition.

We put 30 up on Seattle assumimg our kicker would make points. Seattle is a solid team. We can go toe to toe and have enough to beat most. Maybe not dominating but we can play tough and are learning how to win the tight ones too. Comparing to under Mccoy we have grown tremendously. Lynn i think is learning but hes a smart coach with great qualities i really like. We have some good years in front of us.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          I'm impressed with the D more than other posters here. Yeah they give up a lot of yards, but they maintain their discipline and don't give up many big plays by freelancing. And they're pretty tough in the red zone.
          I am loving our D right now, winning games while hobbled and our O gets stuck and ST is a train wreck. Love it love it love it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍