• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

The Melvin Gordon Injury

Im so pissed he was actually still in the game. We didnt need him at that point. You have to know better as a coach. Especially with the teams we have to play coming up.
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Disappointing, but it can happen on any play. So are we all pretty much convinced it's a season ender?
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Especially since he was questionable to play before the game and our rooks and Ekeler were running well.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You have time think if Gordon is done, so are our slim Super Bowl aspirations. I like Ekeler but Gordon is a beast, and would help cover for Rivers' pressure situation failings.

Maybe Rivers will have a postseason for the ages. That and/or our defense steps up big time.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Disappointing, but it can happen on any play. So are we all pretty much convinced it's a season ender?
          He sure did look upset. Ive seen people walk on an ACL tear. I also dont believe a player 100% of the time gets diagnosed with an ACL tear on the sideline. Most of the time it takes an MRI right? You're the Dr. You tell me.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

He sure did look upset. Ive seen people walk on an ACL tear. I also dont believe a player 100% of the time gets diagnosed with an ACL tear on the sideline. Most of the time it takes an MRI right? You're the Dr. You tell me.
            It takes an MRI to confirm the injury but a lot of the times if it's obvious it can be detected on physical examination based on different maneuvers to manipulate the knee.

My guess is that is what they told him (we strongly suspect an ACL tear) and hence his reaction. I'm hoping that it was more of a "we feel some instability in your knee, we need to wait for the MRI" and obviously he would still be disappointed.

His reaction and the way his teammates we're consoling him has me thinking the worst, I'm just hoping against hope. You'd think if it was a devastating injury, he wouldn't have walked off but you are correct, it's not that uncommon with an ACL tear either.

But it begs the question, if it was that obvious on the sideline, he sure did walk on it ok fairly wuickqu afterwards. Granted, there's nothing scientific in my assessment of that, just looking for a silver lining in all this.
            Last edited by Boltx; 11-25-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

You have time think if Gordon is done, so are our slim Super Bowl aspirations. I like Ekeler but Gordon is a beast, and would help cover for Rivers' pressure situation failings.

Maybe Rivers will have a postseason for the ages. That and/or our defense steps up big time.
              Wait wait wait, isn't this forum the ones that keep saying we don't need to resign him too big money, we can just pick a middle rounder or lower to replace him. Well that's what we got, Jackson and Ekeler. But now our Superbowl aspirations are done if he is out?
              well it certainly don't help but you will see how much he is missed if he is out. I'd like to resign both Gordon and Tyrell. Let Mebane and Luiget walk.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-25-2018, 04:47 PM.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Wait wait wait, isn't this forum the ones that keep saying we don't need to resign him too big money, we can just pick a middle rounder or so to replace him? Well that's what we got, Jackson and Ekeler. But now our Superbowl aspirations are done if he is out?
                well it certainly don't help but you will see how much he is missed. I'd like to resign both Gordon and Tyrell. Let Mebane and Luiget walk.
                Jackson isn't a middle rounder, he was a 7th round draft pick.

He has been dinged a decent amount of his career for the Chargers. I don't think it's the slam dunk decision you're implying it is.

As far as this year goes, he has arguably been our best player, so whatever your philosophy on the importance of the RB position, of course it hurts us. I'm not holding my breath that Rivers can carry us through 4 playoff games all on the road. That's some Aaron Rodgers--level dominance.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Jackson isn't a middle rounder, he was a 7th round draft pick.

He has been dinged a decent amount of his career for the Chargers. I don't think it's the slam dunk decision you're implying it is.

As far as this year goes, he has arguably been our best player, so whatever your philosophy on the importance of the RB position, of course it hurts us. I'm not holding my breath that Rivers can carry us through 4 playoff games all on the road. That's some Aaron Rodgers--level dominance.
                  And Ekeler was undrafted. Point is many think he is easily replaceable.

​​
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• JayShort21
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Eric Williams says the team is suspecting an MCL tear, that would be a huge win for us and means he should be back by the playoffs. His reaction had me thinking ACL tear

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Hope MGIII only has a sprain/hyperextention. J Jacks, Ekeler, Detrez will just have to step up and perform.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu