• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Who would we have sent up the middle? Neither Emanuel or Pullard can get past blockers like NE has and even pressure a little bit. And do you pull James or Philips out of coverage, for maybe the same non-effect? We just did not have the skill sets to challenge what NE had. Brown and White could have helped disguise coverage/blitzers but we did not have them available. I do not think you can beat NE without quality LBs.

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

We used to move Bosa and Ingram around presnap more...seemed like we werent in that game.

i think lining all players but a safety to the line agsinst us served multiple purposes...we need to do the same...cant tell whom is going to back off, blitz or clog the lanes after movement. We had no good answer.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Who would we have sent up the middle? Neither Emanuel or Pullard can get past blockers like NE has and even pressure a little bit. And do you pull James or Philips out of coverage, for maybe the same non-effect? We just did not have the skill sets to challenge what NE had. Brown and White could have helped disguise coverage/blitzers but we did not have them available. I do not think you can beat NE without quality LBs.
        Since not blitzing worked so bad, why not try and send anyone up the middle? The passive, death by a thousand cuts defense got us about as big of an ass kicking as I have ever seen in a playoff game.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

I guess all those commentators and experts saying the Chargers had the most balanced team in the NFL and would surely challenge for the AFC championship title forgot about Belichick.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            I guess all those commentators and experts saying the Chargers had the most balanced team in the NFL and would surely challenge for the AFC championship title forgot about Belichick.
            Or they were oblivious about our injuries?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              What scares me is I could easily a rematch next year in the playoffs and I'm not sure how different the results would be, even if healthier at linebacker.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

What scares me is I could easily a rematch next year in the playoffs and I'm not sure how different the results would be, even if healthier at linebacker.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Or they were oblivious about our injuries?
                  maybe they were overly impressed with Lynn's ability to overcome all the injuries, road win record, etc. and still keep winning in spite of all the obstacles- and never bothered to really analyze weak spots in position groups on the roster?
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                  X