• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Bolts tend to get their TEs from UDFAs and FAs. They're always trying out guys to see if they fit.

And Im always disappointed at how underutilized they are in Whiz's offense.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• ~sdc
      PURA VIDA
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Bolts tend to get their TEs from UDFAs and FAs. They're always trying out guys to see if they fit.

Huh? Hunter Henry was a second round pick. No team in the NFL has a richer history of TE's than the Chargers.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ~sdc View Post

Huh? Hunter Henry was a second round pick. No team in the NFL has a richer history of TE's than the Chargers.
        Welcome to the Blues SDC. Good to have you.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I have fairly huge expectations this year for him. I think he and Keenan could both go over 1K yards. The key will be giving Rivers enough time for his WRs to get open. OL really needs to be consistent the entire season. He should see plenty of 1v1 matchups. And his deep speed is really pretty underrated.

There was actual video of him and Benjamin running side by side in camp last year and he was with him stride for stride. Hes got deceptive speed. And i think his confidence level will be off the charts this year.
          "I was just playin'..
          Dog, you know I am faster than that."
          Benji
          You don't know ball

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

We also signed Virgil Green as a somewhat high priced blocking TE. Not a draft pick, but still spending some of our teams capital to add a player to be the 2nd TE.

With Rivers and how well he does in a 3 WR offense, I don't see that changing any time soon. I would love to see us add a Flex TE to go along with Hunter Henry. However, if we already have Green as an extra blocker, and Henry as an all around TE, there is not really room for a high draft pick as the 3rd TE.

They just don't get on the field that much. We could do more of that if we had a better run blocking OL. Right now, we are just not consistent enough, but until we can run better, we are putting a bigger slower player on the field and then asking them to be better in coverage. Going 3 WR at least reduces the number of players we have to block.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍