Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
    Frankly Williams WAS interfered with on the play...the db held his left arm straight down....no way a receiver doesnt try to get the second arm moving upward on an attempted catch. While it may be looked at as minor the db definitely pulled on his hand per video.

The refs botched a lot of noncalls for sure. The helmet to helmet on Rivers was bad to miss. Rivers seems to get a pass on getting calls for being hit in the head...seen numerous other qbs get head slap penalties but for whatever reason Rivers doesnt get those calls. Rivers knee was even down so a late hit could have been called too. He just isnt protected by the refs the same for whatever reason. I dont think its collusion by the refs...they arent that organized to fix games like that. I just think maybe his toughness comes into play or refs are focusing on our OL for holds when hes getting pressure.

to the thread title...given I DO think their D was on their heels and they are in the bottom of the league on D...after two series of pretty much 8 minutes we had the ball i think their D was playing bend but dont break. They probably were a bit shocked and down giving up two TDs already and not expecting a 2 point play and were just not ready. It was gutsy but id say the odds with all that in mind were in our favor...we had them on the ropes...go for the last knock out swing....direct hit...KO. Never let a #1 offense back on the field is a smart move. I think given all that we make the 2 pt play in 2 of 3 tries.

For the 3rd or more time THIS season i was stunned and joyous like LT making the 4th touchdown against Denver to break the TD record....it was Fricken awesome. One of the most memorable moments all time as a Charger fan. Pitt and Seattle game were up there too.

There is a Gleam, men! Teams are on notice....we are not afraid of your stadium...in fact I think it brings a focus we miss at home. Fifth seed is ok with me...earn every win in their stadium so there is no doubt we are coming to play to the last second.
    well stated. I would add though that it looked to me like the WR was NOT coming down in bounds even if not interfered with and made the catch. He was basically out of the end zone when held from camera angles I saw.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

Lighten up Francis. Tell me you (and other non analytical haters here) didn't think this game had another L stamped on it from the 1st quarter just like the previous 9 games against the Chefs. Go back and read the game day thread and see how many regulars here gave up early and complained about each Chargers mistake and performance of the lines, ETC etc.

Since you didn't get it, my point was- in the past the Chargers DON'T win these kinds of games when they shoot themselves in the foot and all the calls go against them. I wasn't selecting a single questionable penalty call as the only reason they won, and of course I saw all the non-calls you and others complain about- and those exactly PROVE MY POINT. In the past the team loses a game like this and they DON'T get that questionable penalty on the road on National TV to give them a chance to pull it out. I call that lucky, but you can call it a "make up penalty" for the helmet hit on Rivers or karma or whatever you want if that makes you feel better. To further raise the stakes of improbability of pulling it off- the Chefs inexplicably bust the pass coverage on MW letting Rivers lob an easy completion in there to win it. On a 2 point conversion no less. When was the last time THAT happened for the Chargers to seal a big national TV game?

Chargers fans have complained forever about getting hosed by officials, the years long injury bug epidemic, and bad luck ruining the team's chances of success. Now with the big Pitt win and this win, the 1st 2 items above are still working against them, but it seems like maybe the luck part has finally turned after all these years. Luck is a good thing, celebrate it instead of refusing to accept it helped the team win the game.
        I never called it a makeup call, Karma or any of that. MY point was the refs were shit the entire game, for both teams. The fact that that there were missed or questionable calls at the end should not be surprising at all given the crews performance. We played through it and won, on the road in one of the toughest places to play. That is what really good teams do. We are a really good team.

Comment

Working...
        X