Weddle is a Ram

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Weddle is a Ram
      lol. Not surprised. He'll have a longer commute than PR though, if he decides to do that daily trip from his house, unless he just gets another one close to 1000oaks.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Weddle is a Ram
        Weedle's deal is 2 years, $10 mil--a bit steep for a has-been safety who had ZERO picks last year and only 3 passes defensed ALL...YEAR...LONG...so let's see here...Weddle earns about $5 mil a year, divided by 3 = Rams are paying oh, about $1.6 mil for each pass Weedle defends...sounds like a pretty hefty price to pay...meanwhile, Derwin James earns about $3 mil a year for us, had 13 passes defensed and 3 picks last year for a total of 16 stops, so $3 mil divided by 16 = only $187,000 for each pass Derwin defends or picks...a pretty good bargain in comparison, IMHO...I guess we'll check back with Chucky at the end of the season to see if Weddle's numbers continue trending downward toward retirement...I'll predict that Weddle gets a burst of adreneline from the change of scenery in L.A. and runs up his passes defensed total all the way to FOUR on the year, instead of THREE...you heard it here first!

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Nice money for an old safety. No mention of guaranteed money. Let's see if he makes it to the final 53.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Weddle will probably be a nice addition to the Rams secondary. They may lose Lamarcus Joyner, and they need bodies who can play in their nickel and dime package, and Weddle can do that.

As far as our D goes, he doesn't have the range to play the single high look that we like to use. Sure, most of the time it is a 3 deep, but it's not like he would have been an ideal fit for the position.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Reading this morning that Weddle's deal is 2 years, 12.5 million with 5.25 guaranteed and the Rams released LB/S Mark Barron who was in the last year of his 5 year 45 million deal.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Well Weddle is a man of his word. He said he would only play for Baltimore and if they were not going to keep him, then he....hey wait a second! He was just doing that for attention! C'mon guys! Don't leave me!

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Weddle was probably just trying to get Baltimore to know that he was open to taking a big pay cut. Problem for Weddle is that isn't what it is about. His skills are diminishing and Baltimore isn't a place to go if you are trying to hang onto a roster spot.

The Rams are a good stop because they need help in their sub packages and that is something Weddle can still do. It's a good fit. But Weddle is not a fit for everyone. The only player he would be an upgrade over would have been Addae, and not by very much, given his diminishing skills.

Comment

• HollywoodLeo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Weddle was a FS in Baltimore which is where Addae plays.
                    Originally posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

I blame the Pro Bowl rosters for listing them at the same position but I was thinking of Derwin James when I made that post.
                    Originally posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

I always tend to mix up the safety positions and forgot which one Weddle played for us. They're both listed as Strong Safeties on the Pro Bowl roster, which is what I was basing my presumption off.

But the Ravens depth chart lists Weddle as a FS.

Either way, it's still water under the bridge and not worth being in a tizzy over.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Q&A: Ex-Charger Weddle talks Super Bowl run, texting with Philip Rivers and what comes next

“You know what’s funny is that Philip and I have been texting back and forth. We hadn’t texted in a while, you know? He’s busy building championships out in Alabama. He reached out when all the news broke and after the Tampa game, he’s like, ‘Dude, this is like the most insane thing I’ve ever seen. You literally haven’t done anything in two years and you’re out playing 60 snaps against Tom Brady and the Bucs.’ I’m like, ‘I know.’ He’s like, ‘I was getting ready. I was training for three weeks because of the whole Carson Wentz stuff going on.’ He was like, ‘Yo, I was ready. I was back out there and stuff if they needed me.’

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Comes outta retirement. Joins team a week before game. Leads team in tackles in that crucial win. Stupid ass Chargers front office.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Hes headed to a Superbowl.Im sure the SpAnus clan is the last thing on his mind now that hes on a winning team with a successful front office :ml:
                          Apparently they are still in his mind if he keeps bringing them up for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                          X