• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

if we aren't going to sign Gordon, why would we sign Ajayi? Not like we are saving much for a RB that isn't as versatile or as good.
    Trading up for a midget QB after extending Rivers two years? Why wouldn't we just draft a QB in 2020 with a much better QB class instead of this weak class?
    ​​​​
    LeGarrette Blount - $1 yr - $1 million dollar contract for the 2018 Detroit Lions

That's what the market for RBs is. If they get Flash Gordon on a good deal for both parties, great.

2020 QB Class

Stay with me here. I saw the Chargers in a scrum for a QB 15 years ago and they walked away w/ a QB in the 2004, and that was with AJ Smith doing the dealing.

I don't think the 2019 Chargers' brass, that will be doing the picking, can outmaneuver others for a blue chip QB. Miami. NY Giants, Pittsburgh, Denver, & Washington will also be looking for a new franchise QB. The Chargers will end up whomever is left over. See The Cards & Sam Rosen in 2018.

So, what do I do? Less suitors will be after Kyler Murray in 2019, because people with low football IQs believe short people can't play football. Danny Woodhead and Darren Sproles are laughing their ass.

"Kyler is a freak, I would take him with the first pick" - Kliff Kingsbury

Last edited by ghost; 01-14-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      LeGarrette Blount - $1 yr - $1 million dollar contract for the 2018 Detroit Lions

That's what the market for RBs is. If they get Flash Gordon on a good deal for both parties, great.

2020 QB Class

Stay with me here. I saw the Chargers in a scrum for a QB 15 years ago and they walked away w/ a QB in the 2004, and that was with AJ Smith doing the dealing.

I don't think the 2019 Chargers' brass, that will be doing the picking, can outmaneuver others for a blue chip QB. Miami. NY Giants, Pittsburgh, Denver, & Washington will also be looking for a new franchise QB. The Chargers will end up whomever is left over. See The Cards & Sam Rosen in 2018.

So, what do I do? Less suitors will be after Kyler Murray in 2019, because people with low football IQs believe short people can't play football. Danny Woodhead and Darren Sproles are laughing their ass.

"Kyler is a freak, I would take him with the first pick" - Kliff Kingsbury

Blount don't have much market and he can't catch. We like RBs who can. Kinda confused by that comparison. Blount IMO isn't in Gordon's league and was 31 when he signed with Detriot.

You think we will be picking a QB this year? Doubt that, there aren't any blue Chip QBs in this draft. Now we may draft one in the 3rd or 4th to develope as a backup since Geno and Cardale are trainwrecks but not to replace Rivers. I hope we don't draft one at all. All those teams you listed can have this crap crop of QBs, especially Denver lol. Elway will whiff again.
      ​​​
      As for your Kingsbury quote...Who cares what a college coach, that has never coached a down yet in the NFL says? Kingsbury was also hired to mentor Rosen who really just needs a better OL as theirs was the worst in the league.
      AZ will draft Bosa or trade down and stock pile picks.

Oh and Nobody said short running backs can't play. Many of them are short. Russell Wilson is the shortest QB in the league at 5'11", 215 lbs. Far cry from 5'8"-5'9", 190 lbs.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-14-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Chargerville
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Yes but thats on Bradley. He doesnt like to blitz much and everybody knows getting pressure up the middle, or anywhere is the way to play him.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

We have Gordon for another year so we don't need to do anything with him until after next season. If he is once again beat up and missing games and limited in the playoffs next season, like this season, it would be foolish to extend him, especially for what it will cost.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

That is the thing, a lot of these questions do not need answering this off season. Resign the guys who make a difference, draft top talent, pick up some decent FAs. The NE game should clarify our priorities, not like we need to get better to beat the teams we already beat. Every team has weak spots, we need to shore up ours to advance.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Geno is a free agent and I hope they do not bring him back. Jones has shown no improvement since has been here and I would not waste any more time on him either.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  That is the thing, a lot of these questions do not need answering this off season. Resign the guys who make a difference, draft top talent, pick up some decent FAs. The NE game should clarify our priorities, not like we need to get better to beat the teams we already beat. Every team has weak spots, we need to shore up ours to advance.
                  I think better coaching beats the Patriots. We already have a better roster than they do. Like not playing zone and blitzing more should of been in the game plan.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Finley isn't a starting NFL QB. Not many in this class are. Grier maybe but he may end up a back too and would cost a second rounder at worst. This QB class isn't a good one but even if they develope into decent backups that's more than what we have. I just wouldn't use anything above a 4th for a QB this year and frankly I'd pass and just find a better vet than Geno. That shouldn't be hard to do.
                    Maybe they can find a Mullins type QB late or as a UDFA. He was a good find for the Niners.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-15-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Finley isn't a starting NFL QB. Not many in this class are. Grier maybe but he may end up a back too and would cost a second rounder at worst. This QB class isn't a good one but even if they develope into decent backups that's more than what we have. I just wouldn't use anything above a 4th for a QB this year and frankly I'd pass and just find a better vet than Geno. That shouldn't be hard to do.
                      Maybe they can find a Mullins type QB late or as a UDFA. He was a good find for the Niners.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think better coaching beats the Patriots. We already have a better roster than they do. Like not playing zone and blitzing more should of been in the game plan.
                        Disagree, the players we had on the field anyway. Add the guys on IR and yes.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Get players that Rivers can win with now. When the team sucks because they dont have a qb, thats when you use your early first to get a qb.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞