• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Gotta wonder too about how many times Rivers audibles out of whatever Whiz called, 50% of the time?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Gotta wonder too about how many times Rivers audibles out of whatever Whiz called, 50% of the time?
      Don't they send in two plays and let Rivers change, based on what the D is doing?

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Just read that Brady has passed 90 times in the playoffs and has not been sacked once, despite playing two of the best pass rushing teams in the league in us and KC. I sure wish Whiz would look at what they are doing.
        And was only hit twice with one getting a roughing penalty. More surprised they outscored Chargers and Chiefs 49-7 in 1st half. Fairly average team from bad division suddenly dominating best teams in league.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I think I heard the Patriots OL coach has been there like 17 years? Maybe I heard that wrong. But that guy is something.
          (and they do get away with holding).
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
            I think I heard the Patriots OL coach has been there like 17 years? Maybe I heard that wrong. But that guy is something.
            (and they do get away with holding).
            He actually retired for a couple of years and their line struggled, so they brought him back out of retirement. The results speak for themselves.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Barksdale had mental health stuff going on, the team played who they had.

12 wins with Tevi and Feeney. How many more if we upgrade just those two spots?
              that mental health angle was a smoke-screen. He signed almost immediately with ARI and the topic never came up again.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Forrest Lamp Eyes Bigger Role in 2019

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Looks like Lamp is coming in motivated for 2019. Good news.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

thanx for posting F21.... gonna take a swing @things here on the Oline,

in FA there might be someone like a John Miller and/or Quinton Spain, albeit not sure that's our best gambit/elixir ??

and not sure team Tommy John has shown the chops in the draft process w/Forrest, Feeney, Fluker and Tuerk/Watt (pretty much firing blanks more oft than not)

they also decided to go wideout over OT w/Travis Benjamin sans Bobbie Massie, and w/MW instead of Ryan Ramczyk (who btw was well worth a 7th overall)

and am all in favor of poaching other teams ps.... we lost our potential FS of the future/Tony Brown, and a backup ILB/D'Juan Hines to the Pack & Browns.

re: the Oline (and not that I was nor am a proponent of any of these guys, as 'tis just for an example....) there were guys like Brendan Mahon and Desmond Harrison, and....

hopefully we did well ourselves w/Trent Scott, and.... again personally, was a fan of Tyreek Burwell

and don't know enough 'bout our Oline coach, nor any potential replacements/upgrades, albeit wouldn't be a surprised if a change there wouldn't be helpful ??

and re: NE.... don't think it was their Oline as much as 'twas our IDL, i.e. Brandon Mebane & Co.

and AJ drafted/built an Oline w/a pass block first mentality, w/run blocking secondary, and now w/AL think we're 'bout the opposite (am good w/that for now btw)

do agree that MW's lack of separation, 'specially early on, is/could be a factor w/things, 'specially as compared to TWill's crossing routes underneath/in the flats, and....

agree, as had mentioned that quick slants to our TEs would be necessary against NE.

as mentioned in another thread, am reconfiguring the Oline to Okung, Tevi, Pouncey, Feeney, Trent Scott, w/Schofield backing things up, and letting Forrest and any incoming talent earn their spots in the lineup if and when our coaching staff is convinced they are ready to contribute as such, and....

will add that am tasking Pouncey w/the task of teaching Forrest Lamp center in the NFL.... when I think back to Travis Frederick and now w/Tyler Biadasz in this upcoming draft.... I see some center, or @least the possibility of the such, in Lamp's future.
                    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

What about Queensenbury? Could he play some guard if Pouncey is still good to go?

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

What about Queensenbury? Could he play some guard if Pouncey is still good to go?
                        personally am going w/Scho and Lamp as my IOL backups, and hopefully drafting @least one OT, all of which are backups 'til if and when proven otherwise.

am moving on from both Quessenberry and Toner.
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Hopefully Lamp can start with a full off-season and preseason to practice and not rehab. Feeney has not been that good so he needs to be the backup. Wasn't Feeney a OC as well as a OG in college? Not sure about that though. Lamp was a OG and OT.
                          Well see how it goes.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

Working...
                          X