X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Feeney is too weak to play O-line, maybe they try him at another position? but...what???
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Pouncey has recently stated that Lamp is THE strongest LAC lineman. Mike knows what he is seeing in the weight room.

On the other hand how can anyone here claim Feeney is not strong enough ? What is your basis for this claim ? Unless you have specific knowledge about what, for example, Feeney's bench press numbers are, y'all are guessing.

I remind you of the skinny little woman who wins arm wrestling contests. That is core strength and technique.

Orlando Brown couldn't bench squat at the Combine. How many sacks, penalties for him last year ?

Know your Olinemen. Film study shows Feeney destroying people with powerful blocks.
    How did this get blown up into being Feeney being too weak?

I don't think Feeney is near the top half of guards in terms of core strength. That's just my opinion & i'm not wedded to it. At times, I've noticed (or imagined) Feeney having difficulty controlling tackles with one hand when passing them off or helping Pouncey; it's not effortless and that's why he sometimes has trouble getting to B-gap blitzes. Perhaps his lunging & missing strategy in pass pro has more to do with strength issues & bracing himself. In the run game, he's very mobile.

The rumor is that the Chargers have plans of eventually playing Feeney at center. There are some bad ass centers who can lift trucks; but generally, they are more like Hardwick & Pouncey: guys who can move & use technique to compensate.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Feeney's problems have to do with technique,
      even when apparently bull rushed.

He is plenty strong.
      He was known for his strength in college, Pro Football Weekly had him #1 OG in his draft, over Lamp. He had a poor year in 2018 but strength was not the problem. I'm guessing that he was thinking too much, reacting too late. Hard to say what the issue was but he does need to fix it. I believe he can be a solid IOL player but will he? We'll just have to see.

Comment

• I've never assumed strength is the issue, seems more between the ears.

Comment

• Feeney was pretty decent at C in PS1.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueman View Post
            I've never assumed strength is the issue, seems more between the ears.
            Agree, He did 26 reps at the combine. At Indiana he always played RG, maybe the difference in playing on the left is a problem for him? I liked him coming out of college and I still think he'll be a good OG/C for the Bolts.

Comment

• Comment

• Did you guys read that Allen hurt his ankle in practice this week? I hadn't heard that, just read it here ... maybe i missed a post here, you sharp cats don't usually miss one like that.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1812935

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  Did you guys read that Allen hurt his ankle in practice this week? I hadn't heard that, just read it here ... maybe i missed a post here, you sharp cats don't usually miss one like that.

Thanks for the update, dmac...

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                    Did you guys read that Allen hurt his ankle in practice this week? I hadn't heard that, just read it here ... maybe i missed a post here, you sharp cats don't usually miss one like that.

2019 Adopt - A - Bolt

KYZIR WHITE

CORTEZ BROUGHTON

Comment

• The Chargers have managed to stay relatively throughout the course of the past few weeks, but there still have been some key players dinged up.

Among the notables are free safety Nasir Adderley, cornerback Trevor Williams and wide receiver Keenan Allen.

Adderley has been out for the majority of training camp with a hamstring issue. Coach Anthony Lynn said last week that he had been dealing with some soreness, but the duration of the rookie's absence has drawn some concerns.

Per The Athletic's Daniel Popper, coach Anthony Lynn does not want to put a timetable on Adderley. "You have to be patient with those soft-tissue injuries. But I would like to see him out here because training camp is very valuable," Lynn said.

Lynn was asked if he will play in the preseason and he responded by saying, "If he's ready."

Williams, who landed on the injured reserve in 2018 due to a knee injury, hasn't practiced since before the preseason opener. It was uncertain whether or not it was injury related, and Lynn confirmed that it is. EmailSign up Like this article?

Sign up for the Chargers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

Lynn said Williams' injury -- which he originally called minor -- has carried on longer than he expected it would. No timetable has been set on Williams' return.

Williams entered training camp in contention for the No. 2 cornerback spot with Michael Davis, but his absence only benefits Davis.

Allen is likely going to miss the rest of the preseason after suffering an injury during practice this week, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. He injured his ankle, and although it doesn't appear to be serious, Allen is going to have to have to wait until Sept. 8 to make his 2019 debut.
                      2019 Adopt - A - Bolt

KYZIR WHITE

CORTEZ BROUGHTON

Comment

• Rest up KA. Let those hungry young tigers go get them balls.

Comment

• Out for 3 weeks with an ankle injury, but it isn't serious? I have a different definition of serious.
                          Moving to LA is not a good business decision, it’s a death sentence.

Comment

Working...
                          X