X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

If someone wants to start a Welcome thread, feel free. I'm pretty disgusted now... not just by this but the Henry news.
    https://www.detroitlionspodcast.com/austin-seibert/2018/02/07/2018-fa-dontae-johnson-scouting/

http://www.fanaticalyankeenfldraftscoutingreports.com/nfl-draft-scouting-reports/category/dontae-johnson

10 characters * Nasir, Badgley, Facyson, Rochell, King, Okung, Denzel, Tevi, Virgil, Trent Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by SYB View Post

That's a nice little tid bit. Maybe he makes up for last week's muff, by taking one to the house in front of family and friends.
      Exactly.
      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
      LL Cool J

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        To be honest I agree with Fleets questioning the root cause of all these injuries to so many of our players.I personally lay some of the blame on TT and his scouting team.Like stated before are they not seeing what other scouts are seeing with some of our draft picks?
        How does a scout see anything about future injuries, especially in cases that lack any major injury history?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

How does a scout see anything about future injuries, especially in cases that lack any major injury history?
          shia labeouf magic GIF

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

There my friend is where the Chargers Scouting Team and TT have the information and when you draft a guy in the 1st round with injury issues it is a bad thing more times than not

2014 1st round 25 overall CB Jason Verrett -torn labrum in his shoulder at TCU
            https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-and-recovery

2017 1st round 7 overall WR Mike Williams - neck fracture look at his highlights I cringe when I see him come down on jump balls and even now the neck and back and he missed a lot of time as a rookie with a back injury.
            https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...mpionship-2017

The problem is taking guys like this with the first round pick and questionably with a second round, but third round no problem we hit on Keenan Allen 3rd round with injury history coming out of Cal and he had missed alot of time, 2015 missed 8 games lacerated kidney, 2019 missed 15 games ACL, but Allen has been healthy the last two seasons and has put up good numbers.

Comment

• The Polian Algorithm allows for all factors regarding the injury issue.

Recovery time, career length, likelihood of injury, injury type, you name it.
              Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
              LL Cool J

Comment

• Anthony Lynn after listing players with injuries: "if I left anyone out, don't remind me".

Gallows humor

Comment

• I'd rather see us just take the BPA that's been healthy and not risk it with higher risk guys, and then supplement with FAs with the same good history.

You may end up with an occasional Orlando Franklin, but it's the only thing I can think of. We have a higher percentage of key superstar guys getting injured over the last few years than any other team.

At least until im proven wrong with facts and charts. Please provide lot of charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                    I'd rather see us just take the BPA that's been healthy and not risk it with higher risk guys, and then supplement with FAs with the same good history.

You may end up with an occasional Orlando Franklin, but it's the only thing I can think of. We have a higher percentage of key superstar guys getting injured over the last few years than any other team.

At least until im proven wrong with facts and charts. Please provide lot of charts.
                    I would say that is false.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                      I'd rather see us just take the BPA that's been healthy and not risk it with higher risk guys, and then supplement with FAs with the same good history.

Well, here u go...Chargers are the 4th LEAST injured team the past few years:

https://www.sportfacts.org/nfl-injuries-by-team/

image.png

Comment

• This is a Mans game. And when Men play, they tend to play hard. And when that happens, Men get hurt.

Comment

• That's just injured reserve, not all games missed due to injury, of which I'm guessing the Chargers are much higher on the list.
                          A meaningful list should factor in the quality of player, which is hard to do in a stat.

Comment

Working...
                          X