X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am focusing on what we have with Watson.

A young, veteran MVP candidate QB.

Restructure would be needed additionally, and with Keenan.
    think I'd offer up Joey and ask for Kenny Stills in addition to Deshaun....
    RT Tristan Wirfs, OC Cesar Ruiz, LT Prince Tega Wanogho, NT Leki Fotu, ST Saahdiq Charles, SR Aaron Fuller, QB Riley Neal * RB Carlos Hyde, LT Jason Peters

Comment

We would need cap relief.
      Currently HOU does not pick until @ #40.
      They would like Derrick Brown.
      They start an UDFA at JACK LB after trading Jadaveon.
      Nwosu is about ready to step up for us.

Therefore, proposed trade...

Melvin Ingram, Tyrod Taylor, #6, #37, #71
      for Deshaun plus #111 & #240.

We get to double dip in round four at RB, WR, OL, EDGE, DB for Cover 3, you name it.

#151, #186, #220 & #240 can be used to address our other depth issues. There is plenty of juice.

What do you think, Mr. Bill ?
      They can’t trade Deshaun, can they? Suicide for O’Brien. He would be a great addition tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agree w/the first part/sentiment, albeit would prefer Ruiz rather than Cushberry, and Jolt....

wondering if your sig is who you like or who you think the Chargers will draft ??

for a guy who disses/dishes on Herbert so much.... a bit surprised to see him @6 for you ??
        I think that's what the Chargers do with at QB at 6, not that I want him there.
        If they don't then i think they go Hurts later but, making a mock, I'm going with this.
        If it happens I'll hope for the best but believe Herbert mostly needs better footwork for his mid range throws.

The rest is a just a scenario id like and think finding Perrymans eventual successor needs to be made. He just can't stay healthy. Though here I would be ok with either of Dillon or Vaughn. Had Vaughn there first then changed it. May do it again lol.

I'm hoping Johnson falls to the 6th. He is also an ex QB. I'd be ok getting him in the 5th, then a RB.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-25-2020, 07:48 PM.
        1. Justin Herbert /QB/ Oregon (TT Pick)
        2. Lloyd Cushenberry /OC/ LSU
        3. Logan Wilson /ILB/ Wyoming
        4. Devin Duvernay /WR/ Texas
        5. Keshawn Vaughn /RB/ Vandy
        6. Tyler Johnson /WR/ Minnesota
        7. Trevis Gibson /Edge/ Tulsa

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They can’t trade Deshaun, can they? Suicide for O’Brien. He would be a great addition tho.
          They would have Tyrod.
          Derrick Brown.
          Super Melvin.
          To keep Watt happy.
          WR to replace Hopkins.
          QB. Round 2s.
          Two round 3s for Oline.
          BOB is tempted.
          C'mon let's do it Bill.
          v6 soon...

Comment

• How would trading for Watson affect our ability to sign Joey for a big multi year contract?
            if it’s between the two to realistically build a roster around, then I’d be in a real conundrum.

id honestly be stumped.

armchair GMing is hard work
            TUA@TWO (or die)

Comment

• I’d donate three bear claws to the cause.

Comment

I am focusing on what we have with Watson.

A young, veteran MVP candidate QB.

Restructure would be needed additionally, and with Keenan.
                Restructuring is a component that makes this hypothetical difficult for me.
                thats why I pose the question of trading Bosa, because I think it’s more realistic than restructuring Watson AND KA.

so would you trade Bosa and perhaps more for Watson?
                if long term deals can be struck with both players to their respective teams, I’d be very tempted.
                TUA@TWO (or die)

Comment

• Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

think I'd offer up Joey and ask for Kenny Stills in addition to Deshaun....
                  I’m thinking we would owe them more than the other way around.
                  maybe not
                  TUA@TWO (or die)

Comment

• Where that rumor come from ?
                    It's not often a team trade his QB and WR #1 the same year.

Comment

• just speculation at this point
                      Idk where, but the rumor is that Watson is wanting to leave which makes sense after they traded away his best weapon in Hopkins.
                      couple that with Obrien earning a reputation for facilitating bad trades and that’s where we are.
                      TUA@TWO (or die)

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        How would trading for Watson affect our ability to sign Joey for a big multi year contract?
                        if it’s between the two to realistically build a roster around, then I’d be in a real conundrum.

id honestly be stumped.

armchair GMing is hard work
                        Watson is talented BUT seriously inconsistent...... he played horribly against the chiefs....... he kept over throwing simple slant passes.... he can make an amazing highlight play yet miss on a bunch of simple easy throws.....

Would be a horrible add for Chargers.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Watson is talented BUT seriously inconsistent...... he played horribly against the chiefs....... he kept over throwing simple slant passes.... he can make an amazing highlight play yet miss on a bunch of simple easy throws.....

Would be a horrible add for Chargers.......
                          He's far better than any QB on our roster and will be better early on that any QB we could draft so I could see the appeal, but it's hard to imagine him getting traded anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X