X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray, to me, is one of those college players who excel in college, then turn pro, get a sizesble payday…and then, just kinda decide they got what they wanted. Sorry folks, but that happens. TT must cut bait, and stop trying to save face.

With his anemic effort, do any here think him going to another team will suddenly make him any different? Think again. Get what you can for him, TT.

Comment

• You don’t think you can put him on edge?
      the guy attacks the ball nicely
      nice disrupter

and maybe if u edge him
      he will have easier assignment there

move him around and see where fits he looks like very good player would not want to see him on the raiders stopping our rbs

ii.
      if ekeler goes down
      no run game no offense we r toast
      what r 2 ways we can improve our run game?
      Last edited by DennisR91; 01-15-2022, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• K9 has had a few reps at edge without flashing anything promising
        small sample size but I'll defer to the coaches on this one
        Keep him, sure, cut him, sure
        also, good point above about his ST value
        FA:
        RT Cornelius Lucas
        RB Leonard Fournette
        DT Sebastian Joseph-Day
        DE Jadeveon Clowney

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I did see this yesterda - not surprised about Hill, when Ffrench played the Texans game. Vizcaino was beaten out by Hopkins. They will need to sign a K for competition and the PS. Thomas Bradwell, whatever

Still hope Joe Reed is given one more chance - as I think he might have value. I wonder if they can just make him a RB at this point.
          Has anyone ever followed up on the Hill / Reed year touted as the greatest WR class since Galileo noticed we were orbiting around the sun? Did it really pan out overall? Instead of taking one higher caliber WR early, TT tried to split his hand with two late round picks and both flamed out spectacularly imo. I just don’t know if it was a huge miss or the class wasn’t really as good as every expert on the planet thought.

Comment

• My Easter Wish List Thoughts …

CB & IDL - top two needs, equal priority - plan to use both FA and Draft Picks 1/2. Get difference makers, not JAGs
            RT - end the Norton experiment, adios Bulaga. Pip can compete against new contender
            RG - resign Aboush
            WR - add speed via draft Rd 2-4
            Edge - sign Nwosu, look for one more piece to challenge the subs
            LB - look for upgrade to partner with White
            RB - get Eke his power back partner, it WILL make a difference (Rd 3-4)
            Punter

DC - hire Fangio
            OC - clearly chain is the best playcaller on the planet … call him up

Comment

• Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              Murray, to me, is one of those college players who excel in college, then turn pro, get a sizesble payday…and then, just kinda decide they got what they wanted. Sorry folks, but that happens. TT must cut bait, and stop trying to save face.

With his anemic effort, do any here think him going to another team will suddenly make him any different? Think again. Get what you can for him, TT.
              By all accounts, the guy has a high character.....his failures have not been due to lack of effort.

An ankle injury, a new defensive scheme, and White/Tranquil being better options were partially responsible for his poor season - he couldn't get enough reps; and then jerking him to edge (& not just as a pass rusher) mid season....due to injuries...que disastre!

His role at Oklahoma was limited: it was not meant to set him up to succeed in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                My Easter Wish List Thoughts …

CB & IDL - top two needs, equal priority - plan to use both FA and Draft Picks 1/2. Get difference makers, not JAGs
                RT - end the Norton experiment, adios Bulaga. Pip can compete against new contender
                RG - resign Aboush
                WR - add speed via draft Rd 2-4
                Edge - sign Nwosu, look for one more piece to challenge the subs
                LB - look for upgrade to partner with White
                RB - get Eke his power back partner, it WILL make a difference (Rd 3-4)
                Punter

DC - hire Fangio
                OC - clearly chain is the best playcaller on the planet … call him up
                1. I think they would like to bring in a moderate priced vet tackle on a short contract (2 years) to compete with and help in the development of Pip / Slater;
                ...then, they'll grab a developmental tackle on day 2 - 3. Some here might be disappointed

2. If Norton can only play RT, then he will be gone. I think they don't resign White: they'll be easily outbid.

3. Pretty sure Fangio, or anyone else, is a pipe dream: Staley/Hill will continue in their roles on defense - Staley made that clear to me at his final presser.

4. Agree! Get out that checkbook: as a condition for accepting the job, they'll need to outbid everyone for T-billy to get that deep passing game going.

Comment

• Murray is a freaking a waste of roster space, 2nd round draft pick mistake. He’s sooo taking it to the man. No one sees that but me, hehe. Oh! But he was one hell of a specimen per pre-draft evaluations.

The guy got a payday, took a powder…will always. Unload him. Get whatever you can TT! Murray is a pariah on the morale of this team’s defense. A freaking joke! I want Murray totally gone!!!

TT not so sure about that, apparently. We’ll see. Gotta save face, after all. TT was solid on the guy, which makes the argument for a new GM even stronger. Tillary? He might show up next year. Murray …is taking it to the man! All the way to the bank.

Anyone here even watched how he plays? Potential? Haha! He’s set for life. He’s fullfiled his desire.
                  Last edited by Caslon; 01-15-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Has anyone ever followed up on the Hill / Reed year touted as the greatest WR class since Galileo noticed we were orbiting around the sun? Did it really pan out overall? Instead of taking one higher caliber WR early, TT tried to split his hand with two late round picks and both flamed out spectacularly imo. I just don’t know if it was a huge miss or the class wasn’t really as good as every expert on the planet thought.
                    If i remember, Donavon Peoples Jones was available in the 6th round of that year....he seems to have outperformed them easily.
                    Reed was brought in to be the kick off returner: everything else being gravy. What happened there, i don't really know.
                    Its possible that the Chargers have their heads up their you know whats concerning special teams, and he didn't get much of a chance.

Comment

Thats the story of Telesco. After awhile maybe his strategy for drafting and his skillset at seeing a player on tape and putting that person in the NFL just isn't good.

I understand we are probably give him more scrutiny than other teams - so be it. 25 years into his working in the NFL in a scouting type capacity - he might just not be cut out for it

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

By all accounts, the guy has a high character.....his failures have not been due to lack of effort.

An ankle injury, a new defensive scheme, and White/Tranquil being better options were partially responsible for his poor season - he couldn't get enough reps; and then jerking him to edge (& not just as a pass rusher) mid season....due to injuries...que disastre!

His role at Oklahoma was limited: it was not meant to set him up to succeed in the NFL.
                        His problem is likely to part mental and part physical. He doesn’t seem to have instincts or smarts as either to diagnose plays or understand what he’s supposed to be doing. On the physical side, he’s not quick or strong enough as an edge.

Comment

• I just learned of the Swinton firing and I think it’s utter bullshit. The guy got handed crap and steadily improved the unit and when he got a kicker and a return man his unit continued to improve, tackling on kickoffs got way better towards the end of the year. I remember a couple of breakdowns on punt coverage but for the most part people weren’t talking about STs toward the end of the year because it stopped being a glaring hole. The Denver win was all about special teams, we won one game in the last month and it was in no small part due to swinton’s unit carrying that day, yeah let’s fire that guy

Comment

Working...
                          X