replied
    Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

look who is #2
    Saw that.
    Do we still want SJD ?

Leave a comment:

• Bolt Dude
    replied
    Chargers are 5-2 when receiving the opening kickoff.

They’re 2-3 when they defer.

I know conventional wisdom says to defer, but there’s also something about establishing the rhythm of the game.

Leave a comment:

• NoMoreChillies
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So this is how we are doing better at run defense.
    look who is #2

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied

So this is how we are doing better at run defense.

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
    We need contributions from Parham, Palmer, and Justin Jackson.

MW hold the fort down!!!

Edit: I need 3 deep shots each to Mw and Guyton.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    I am not worried about Allen...if there was a game all year, where I would be ok with letting Allen sit the bench or be out for covid, this would be it...in fact, it would be a good audition for Palmer and Guyton going forward, as well as some more work with our TE corp. So whatever...not concerning. If we were to drop this game, it would be due to some serious consistency issues, vs Allen's absence. Should not be a concern.
    And maybe letting Bosa have an extra week of rest and Justin Jones too if needed. Maybe limit Ekeler's snaps too and allowing the backup RBs carry the load.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post

And last week..

Ekes owes us.
    If the Giants are forced to start Jake Fromm Sunday, I think it might be a good game to give Ekeler a bit of a rest by reducing his snaps and letting Justin Jackson carry his load. Make him active for the game, but let him spend most of the game on the bench, using him sparingly, unless of course he is needed.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    I am not worried about Allen...if there was a game all year, where I would be ok with letting Allen sit the bench or be out for covid, this would be it...in fact, it would be a good audition for Palmer and Guyton going forward, as well as some more work with our TE corp. So whatever...not concerning. If we were to drop this game, it would be due to some serious consistency issues, vs Allen's absence. Should not be a concern.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think his pride is more beat up than his body after losing two fumbles yesterday.
    And last week..

Ekes owes us.

Leave a comment:

• cmplxgal
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Fernando Ramirez actually provided details in his article today on KA as well as the rest of the injuries.

Good find, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Poor, beat-up Ekkie...Bolts better give the dude some help...asap...
    I think his pride is more beat up than his body after losing two fumbles yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Fernando Ramirez actually provided details in his article today on KA as well as the rest of the injuries.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news...-on-covid-list

On Monday afternoon, the Chargers placed star receiver Keenan Allen on the COVID list.

“He’s day-to-day right now, and hopefully we’ll have some good news on him in the next few days,” Chargers head coach Brandon Staley said.

Allen is vaccinated and still has a chance to play on Sunday. He just needs to have two negative tests 24 hours apart to play against the Giants.

Allen has been a big part of the Chargers offense again this season. He has recorded 86 catches for 929 yards and four touchdowns. He is coming off a two-touchdown performance against the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Chargers have a short week after the Giants matchup it is a quick turnaround to play the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday Night Football.

According to NFL Network, Allen was one of 11 players that were placed on the COVID list on Monday.

Injury Roundup

Staley mentioned that edge rusher Joey Bosa was cleared on Sunday and didn’t have a concussion. He is day-to-day, and he anticipates seeing the edge rusher practice on Wednesday.

According to Staley, defensive tackle Justin Jones went out with a knee and ankle injury. He said he expects Jones to practice in a limited capacity.

Running back Austin Ekeler walked off limping late in the fourth quarter. Staley said, “just a lot of bumps and bruises from the game,” and he expects the running back to practice on Wednesday.

Defensive tackle Linval Joseph is on the COVID list, but Staley expects him to be back at practice on Wednesday.

Rookie cornerback Asante Samuel Jr. is still in concussion protocol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X