X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This might be exactly what TT is up to. He knows he can sign Liuget and/or Square late and cheap.

We goin' for weapons and pass rushers...it's a lock.
    Nasir at the top of your sig? Stock is falling, mixed evals....great instincts and recognition, or average instincts and poor recognition...depends on who you read. Guess it depends on what the Bolts think, eh?

He is running hot and cold...if teams who like him have bigger needs, I could see him sliding far...might be a bit of a reach...but again...if he is high on our board, the good news is he will probably be there.
    My 2022 adopted Bolts...

#17-Zion Johnson OL Boston
    #195-Jamaree Salyer OL Georgia

"Guards are people too...."-Tom Telesco

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Nasir at the top of your sig? Stock is falling, mixed evals....great instincts and recognition, or average instincts and poor recognition...depends on who you read. Guess it depends on what the Bolts think, eh?

He is running hot and cold...if teams who like him have bigger needs, I could see him sliding far...might be a bit of a reach...but again...if he is high on our board, the good news is he will probably be there.
      Nasir was a quick sub for Rapp, who I previously said wait n see Pro Day.

Wisdom of wu ShockMock v5
      coming on Sunday.
      Always in our hearts, 'Roo.

Comment

• With the restructure of Travis I see a Liuget signing coming soon. My 2 cents. 1 year deal on the cheap.

Comment

Middle of 2nd like Jessie Bates & Telesco will have that 4rth round pick burning in his pocket.

It all depends on what they think of Jenkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
            With the restructure of Travis I see a Liuget signing coming soon. My 2 cents. 1 year deal on the cheap.
            Not so fast La Costa, Liuget visiting the Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not just the OL. Without an effective MGIII, and the power run game, our offense wasn't as effective.
              Dont be surprised to see a bigger/power back that can go on all 3 downs drafted at some point.
              Yeah, they'll be looking to grab a running back. Reportedly, they were interested in the kid from Oregon in the 3rd round last year who was picked a bit ahead of them.

Comment

think Adderley is a good fit for Carson, and.... wasn't long ago when the both of Tony Brown and Brandon Facyson fell off/out of day two consideration and ended up undrafted....

Nasir @91X
                RB Bijan Robinson, ILB Noah Sewell, OL Peter Skoronski, NT Siaki Ika, ILB Palaie Gaoteote IV

Comment

• Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  With the restructure of Travis I see a Liuget signing coming soon. My 2 cents. 1 year deal on the cheap.
                  thought that for awhile myself, and.... think now it more likely that we sign Square as think Lynn likes him as a locker room guy/fave ??

we (still) need two starters for the IDL.
                  RB Bijan Robinson, ILB Noah Sewell, OL Peter Skoronski, NT Siaki Ika, ILB Palaie Gaoteote IV

Comment

• Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

thought that for awhile myself, and.... think now it more likely that we sign Square as think Lynn likes him as a locker room guy/fave ??

we (still) need two starters for the IDL.
                    Don't think Jones or Brando are starting caliber?
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This might be exactly what TT is up to. He knows he can sign Liuget and/or Square late and cheap.

We goin' for weapons and pass rushers...it's a lock.
                      despite the pub/lather, not a big fan of this pass rushing class.... much prefer the linemen, and on both sides of the ball.

do think there might be some weapons avail @both RB (Love) and WR and perhaps TE (Josh Oliver), albeit risky gambit me thinks.... lineman first and foremost*

* unless of course your FQB is sitting there @28

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Don't think Jones or Brando are starting caliber?
                        back in the day most every team of note had a decent front four.... the Fearsome Foursome, Purple People Eaters, Steel Curtain, Orange Crush, etc.

think Jones is a tweener.... apparently did well against Baltimore in Mebane's absence and held up at the point of attack, albeit not sure he commands an automatic double team @the one/nose ?? and he does get in the offensive backfield a time or two (much to Joey's benefit), albeit don't think that's who he is ?? and is more a rotational guy who can handle both spots/one and 3T, and.... not an NFL starter on a championship squad.... (decent tho).

and w/Mebane, think our FO is a sentimental lot (and that's why a lot of us like'm post AJ), albeit don't see the logic in overpaying/resigning Brandon.... we did just fine w/o him against the Ravens, and have read that our D is better (statwise) w/him on the pine ?? good guy, and apparently (very) well liked, and.... we have a run stopping problem, and a bevy of oft injured LBs.

we need two starters in the middle of the line, as will also add that @the outset of the season, Melvin was on his own, and would be freed up as soon as Bosa got back.

well Joey did come back, albeit where were the both of 'em come/against NE ??

still say the missing link between a SB appearance and washing out in the playoffs (if we even get there this season) is a legit NT that commands a double team and collapses the pocket.

Comment

• Mebane is a good signing if you are going to have a lot of young players around. Very smart vet who has had a career based mostly on preparation and less on being a top athlete. A pro's pro who is a good fit if players need a role model.

Not many NT will be able to push the pocket if they are getting doubled. NT are about taking on the double team, but for the most part that is the limit of their production. They just do the dirty work.

I still don't understand this fixation with "starters" and "every down players". Who gives a shit. I would rather have an entire roster of solid players who rotate and fill roles. A shocking number of SB teams are built that way. They just aren't flashy. But they are easier to keep together because they are generally cheaper. Most of the "every down players" are jack of all trades, master of none types.

Back in the day, DL had to have 4 good players. Rosters were smaller, and there was even less depth than now. Teams simply didn't have backups of note. That changed starting in the 80's and 90's. If you look at a lot of the SB winners, they tend to have a deep group of players who rotate a lot. Redskins under Gibbs, NE, 49ers under Walsh/Seifert, .. depth teams who rotated like crazy.

Even if we get an elite NT and 3tech, we don't want to go TB bucs on them. TB had the best front 4 in football when Dungy and then Gruden coached them. And they had no depth. And they dominated for 3 quarters. Then whoever they played would come storming back, because their starters were gassed. And any year they had an injury along the front 4, the whole team struggled. You have to have depth on the DL. There are no 300lb guys who can run hard for 70 plays a game and still have anything left in their legs at the end of the game. They may still be on the field, but they aren't going to be effective.

As a case in point, when we beat Baltimore, it was Nwosu flying off the edge like he had a rocket on his back, getting past the best pass blocking OT from the previous years draft (Orlando Brown).

Jones was a good starter in college on the best DL in college football (yes better than Clemson's). NCState doesn't let their guys freelance too much and attack, so to that degree, they are a lot like Bradley. As I keep pointing out, we don't need a great pass rushing DT, since we have Rochelle, Lanier, Bosa and Ingram, we have DE who can line up inside. And McGill is a very quick, penetrating type player. I am not against an Ed Oliver type, but even though Bradley has always used a 3 technique player, he hasn't used that position as a Warren Sapp type penetrator, and that includes even before Carroll took over in Seattle.

Everyone keeps pointing to NE like it is some great case study in everything that is wrong with the Chargers. The Chargers spent most of their energy and emotion beating the crap out of Baltimore the week before. The Chargers came out flat for a half and just didn't play well. It is not like it was just a defensive problem. The offense and ST got taken behind the woodshed just like the D was. Every team has a game or two where they don't play well. Unfortunately, it was a playoff game for us. Like Lynn has said, there are things like resting guys and rotating more early in the year that could help with that.

Comment

Working...
                          X