X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should have $73M after cutting Bulaga. Enough for 2 or 3 Fieler level contracts to solidify the trenches and let us focus the draft on explosive players on both sides.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Huh? Whoever did that calculation has no idea what they are talking about. If we cut Bulaga we free up $11 million. Harris is a FA. We have the 4th most cap space of any team in the league at $58 million, and that is before cutting guys like Bulaga that will free up more cap space. We are in great shape for the off season..
        I did the calculation and if you want to see the spreadsheet - I am willing to give it - but in a nutsell - here is my math and how I got down to the $15m - but its $15m for external free agents just to clarify:

Per OTC, the Chargers are at 59m in cap spsce with the signing of Jamal Davis, but still have only 46 players under contract - you need 53 so $59m is even correct - its truly more like $54m:

But using 59m as a starting point

1) Cut Bulaga - save 11m of cap space - now at 70m
        2) sign draft class - down to $63
        3) Practice Squad and having an In-Season slush fund - $8m total so down to $55m
        4) Bring back own players - and these are cap hits I came up with: MW81-12 ; Justin Jones - 6.5; Nwosu - $6; Aboushi and Parham - $2.5m; Kyzir White - $8m; Q'berry, Hopkins, Anderson, Guyton, easily could be $40m of cap space to sign their own players

And thats how I get to 15m of cap space for external free agents. Maybe the cap hits are wrong for the players but more was allocating dollars. Granted if you don't sign a Justin Jones that is more money for an external free agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Is he formerly from the Akron Zips? (College?)

Comment

• Originally posted by jox g View Post

I think so, well traveled in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by jox g View Post

Lance Zierlein: "Former linebacker with change of direction for extended stalking."

Stalking is good.
              4.6 speed.
              Is there sand in the pants ?
              Does he live the game ?
              Inquiring minds want to know...

Always in our hearts, 'Roo.

Comment

• Projected comp picks.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-th...nsatory-picks/

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  I don’t see Hunter Henry on there. Is that because of Linsley and him canceling him out? Also don’t understand Rayshawn Jenkins

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

11 draft picks in April, digging it.

P.S. I'm not seeing anything for Melvin Ingram. (lol)

Comment

Rayshawn Jenkins signed a 4 year, $35,000,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, where is OUR Fourth Round pick?

If Dallas gets a 5th for ANDY DALTON for 1-yr $10million, the Chargers deserve a 4th for RayJ.

• Los Angeles Chargers
                        • If Rayshawn Jenkins’s contract is valued in the 4th round, the Los Angeles Chargers will get a 4th for him instead of a 6th for Tyrod Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I don’t see Hunter Henry on there. Is that because of Linsley and him canceling him out? Also don’t understand Rayshawn Jenkins

TG
                        It don't make a whole lotta sense do it. It's a good post, but it's about projections, not a league mandate.

Finally, keep an eye on whether Nick Vigil’s contract qualifies. Playing 59.5% of the snaps, and earning $250,000 in incentives based upon that playtime, may have done the trick. This will mean nothing for the Los Angeles Chargers, as they are projected to already get the maximum number of four comp picks without Vigil’s assistance, but if he qualifies, he should be listed in the official release as a CFA lost for the Chargers, perhaps giving some guidance as to where that qualification cutoff lies.
                        This last part is a kick in the balls to Charger fans.

Comment

• Congrats to Nick Niemann for being All-Rookie ST.
                          Rashawn too.
                          Always in our hearts, 'Roo.

Comment

Working...
                          X