X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    They've rebuilt the O and the D but we still don't have a FG Kicker that gives us the 57-yard FG to pull out a win. I also wonder how much better off we are at Punter? Although, I still wonder how much punting this team will be doing.
    Im hoping with the squad we have put together, we wont be needing a field goal to squeak it out...at least not many 50 plus yarders...but maybe Im being overly optimistic...I do have exactly 20 years less of disappointment under my belt than you do...
    My 2022 adopted Bolts...

#17-Zion Johnson OL Boston
    #195-Jamaree Salyer OL Georgia

"Guards are people too...."-Tom Telesco

Comment

• Listen to Staley in this clip. I love it. F Division rivals.

https://twitter.com/chargersmemes/st...f4_ywnQd9Wfjnw

Comment

• Comment

• Happy Birthday to a great, great Charger...

LT

Donald Parham !!

Always in our hearts, 'Roo.

Comment

• Was Ty Long bad? Not sure the new upgrade at long snapper improves last years so called dismal ST’s. How does it (as recent moves imply) ?
            Last edited by Caslon; 06-23-2022, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              Was Ty Long bad? Not sure the new upgrade at long snapper improves last years so called dismal ST’s. How does it (as recent moves imply) ?
              A pro bowl LS removes 1 level of uncertainty / inconsistency. He's also the OL C, sets up OL blocking.
              I thought Ty Long stunk. I remember critical shanks & blocks but his stats weren't awful.
              The Big Deal if we get it will be from the speed on coverage & returns. Field position, forced fumble takeaways, return TDs, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I thought Ty Long stunk. I remember critical shanks & blocks but his stats weren't awful.
                The Big Deal if we get it will be from the speed on coverage & returns. Field position, forced fumble takeaways, return TDs, etc.
                His 'get-off' was way too long as well, and it was rare to see a pin inside the 10 yd line.

Comment

• Ty Long was a below average punter. As Bolt-O said, his wind up and kicking motion were dangerously slow. That, coupled with all the stupidity of past coaching staffs, led to a high rate of blocks and near blocks for a punter. He has a good but inconsistent leg and his placement is again bottom tier. I liked that he could kick off, but we never really let him do that consistently. And I liked that he could place kick in an emergency. But he was not a good punter. Seems like a good man, but not a good punter.

I don't know anything about JK Scott, other than (1) he was drafted so that indicates he was once pretty good and (2) he has been cut twice so that indicates something happened along the way. I hope he becomes a football punting Jesse.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Ty Long was a below average punter. As Bolt-O said, his wind up and kicking motion were dangerously slow. That, coupled with all the stupidity of past coaching staffs, led to a high rate of blocks and near blocks for a punter. He has a good but inconsistent leg and his placement is again bottom tier. I liked that he could kick off, but we never really let him do that consistently. And I liked that he could place kick in an emergency. But he was not a good punter. Seems like a good man, but not a good punter.

I don't know anything about JK Scott, other than (1) he was drafted so that indicates he was once pretty good and (2) he has been cut twice so that indicates something happened along the way. I hope he becomes a football punting Jesse.

TG
                    Below average understates it. He was bottom 5 in the league. I also do not know this new Mr Double-Initial Scott but I know he is not Ty Long so I look forward to his contribution to improvement.

I am baffled why the discussion of the long snapper got entangled with Ty Long. Ty doesn’t snap the ball.

Comment

• Resized_Screenshot_20220624-132114_Reddit.jpegdrafted by the LA Chargers, big Mike Dubb rockin' an SD Chargers shirt.
                      nice.
                      Family*Trust*respect
                      Classic 'Roo > time

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Resized_Screenshot_20220624-132114_Reddit.jpegdrafted by the LA Chargers, big Mike Dubb rockin' an SD Chargers shirt.
                        nice.
                        Mike Will with the beard starting to look like Slayer...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

His 'get-off' was way too long as well, and it was rare to see a pin inside the 10 yd line.
                          Gunners have a part in pinning an opponent deep in their own territory too.

Comment

Working...
                          X