X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Tyrell WIlliams rated by ESPN as the #20 ranked FA available this offseason. Anyone thinking he will be willing to resign cheap with the Chargers is going to be disappointed.
    AGREED ,,,, Pay the man fair money

Comment

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
      In free agency i would love to go after cj mosley
      Yesssss,,,,,, give us C.J. ,,, ad some Ravens D and infuse some more tuff in our stuff !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Jones will fail to impress. He stinks.
        Agreed. Geno Smith stunk too, yet both were the final candidates for backup QB. Rivers was getting pounded several games last season, and I don't think they see that 12-4 record or playoffs again if he misses a couple games injured and they don't have a better backup. Oh, and fix the OL too while they are at it. Tough order to fill in 1 offseason.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Wrong CJ.
          CJ Beathard.
          You're in for Geno.
          Always in our hearts, 'Roo.

Comment

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

Agreed. Geno Smith stunk too, yet both were the final candidates for backup QB. Rivers was getting pounded several games last season, and I don't think they see that 12-4 record or playoffs again if he misses a couple games injured and they don't have a better backup. Oh, and fix the OL too while they are at it. Tough order to fill in 1 offseason.
            No idea what Lynn sees in Geno and Jones. Obviously QB evals isn't his thing.
            22. Kenyan Green, OG/ Texas A&M (T↓ fr GB for 17)
            79. Bryan Cook, S/ Cincinnati
            92. Zamir White RB/ Georgia (fr GB for 17)
            123. Jalyn Armour- Davis, CB / Alabama
            160. Tyreek Smith,Edge/ Ohio st
            180. Bo Melton,WR/ Rutgers (T↑ fr Jax for 195, 214)
            234. Marquan McCall,DT/Kentucky
            254. Jake Camarda P Georgia
            255. James Empey, OC BYU
            260. Darian Butler, LB/ Arizona st

Comment

What is our salary cap looking like? We should be in good position I would think cut Benjamin, TWill cost too much, Peryman doesn't stay health enough to warrant a big contract, Meabane off the books, we should have some $$$

Comment

The Rams and Eagles have been in the last two Super Bowls in large part by shaking the trend of avoiding big FA signings. I really love what TT has built here and have faith in his draft strategy... but the Pouncey acquisition was a giant FA signing that made the entire OL better. We need that kind of signing at DT. TT should pay Jarrett the big dollars to anchor our DL... he is just hitting his prime and would really take the DL to the next level.

I also think they should tender offers to re-sign Perryman and Verrett at prices that reflect their fragile nature. The former might get paid more elsewhere... I would be surprised if any teams offered something legit to Verrett. There are a few ILBs on the FA market... but only Hicks is better than Perryman when healthy IMO... that has been the rub though.

The Draft is heavy in DT, ILB and OT.... get at least one of each.... I would prefer to get a sideline-to-sideline ILB with the chops to cover in the 1st. Pick up OT/DT in the 2nd and 3rd. Lastly, try and find a FS and P in the 2nd half of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                  What is our salary cap looking like? We should be in good position I would think cut Benjamin, TWill cost too much, Peryman doesn't stay health enough to warrant a big contract, Meabane off the books, we should have some $$$
                  Perryman was a second round pick so not like we save millions not keeping him. We got to pay him or somebody else or hope we land one of the top MLB in this draft.
                  255. James Empey, OC BYU

Comment

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
                    The Rams and Eagles have been in the last two Super Bowls in large part by shaking the trend of avoiding big FA signings. I really love what TT has built here and have faith in his draft strategy... but the Pouncey acquisition was a giant FA signing that made the entire OL better. We need that kind of signing at DT. TT should pay Jarrett the big dollars to anchor our DL... he is just hitting his prime and would really take the DL to the next level.

I also think they should tender offers to re-sign Perryman and Verrett at prices that reflect their fragile nature. The former might get paid more elsewhere... I would be surprised if any teams offered something legit to Verrett. There are a few ILBs on the FA market... but only Hicks is better than Perryman when healthy IMO... that has been the rub though.

The Draft is heavy in DT, ILB and OT.... get at least one of each.... I would prefer to get a sideline-to-sideline ILB with the chops to cover in the 1st. Pick up OT/DT in the 2nd and 3rd. Lastly, try and find a FS and P in the 2nd half of the draft.
                    The Rams haven't signed FA's? Lol resigned Donald, signed Suh, signed Whitworth, signed or traded for Talib, traded for Peters, ,Traded for Cooks....all those guys came with big contracts.
                    And I feel im missing at least one more.
                    Not the way to do it imo as it usually don't work out signing that many and most the year their defense stunk with all those guys but it worked for them in the end. Suh is on a one year deal.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-29-2019, 02:10 PM.
                    255. James Empey, OC BYU

Comment

Perryman was a second round pick so not like we save millions not keeping him. We got to pay him or somebody else or hope we land one of the top MLB in this draft.
                      If the playoffs showed us anything it is that we are terribly thin at LB... especially on the inside. We need to sign a FA and draft one. If we can get Perryman back at a decent price and then draft a stud 3 down ILB monster in the 1st... then we could even slide Perryman over and have Perryman-RookieStud-White in the starting lineup with Nwosu spelling Perryman and Brown spelling White. Dunno, it also matter if Nwosu can take the next step and become something more than a pass-rusher.

Comment

The Rams haven't signed FA's? Lol resigned Donald, signed Suh, signed Whitworth, signed or traded for Talib, traded for Peters, ,Traded for Cooks....all those guys came with big contracts.
                        did you read my post? I said they shaked the trend of AVOIDING big FA signings.

Comment

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

did you read my post? I said they shaked the trend of AVOIDING big FA signings.
                          Yeah...I guess I read it as you saying they didn't.

As for Perryman, his only problem.is staying healthy. He was on track for 120+ tackles and we are better with him but it is what it is. He wasn't injured a lot in college so anybody you draft in that regard is a crap shoot. But yes I'd like one of those ILBs as well.

Nwosu I don't think he can't get in the starting lineup, it's just weird to me that the staff loved Emannuel so much. He lacks speed, isn't a playmaker and isn't a guy to be around the ball alot and imo should if been a DE as our swing rusher to spell Bosa or Ingram along with Nwosu. Whatever it was about him they liked,I hope it's over
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-29-2019, 02:25 PM.
                          255. James Empey, OC BYU

Comment

Working...
                          X