• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

I have the Chargers app and there was no mention of Whiz anywhere on it. But I did come upon this piece on Lamp.

“I’m excited just to have a full offseason to really train and then get back at it and show what I can do hopefully."
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
      Easy, Mike Martz. I want a proven commodity who has shown that he can scheme an offense. Rivers is smart and would pick up on the offense and to be honest it might just help Rivers to play longer. Our Wrs are actually pretty good fits for the system as well and if nothing else they are good enough to adapt to it. I think Allen would be amazing in this sort of system.
      This opinion is wrong in so many ways. There is a reason that Martz is jobless in the NFL, can't even make it in the CFL. He's currently coach the San Diego Fleet. The game have passed him. His offense did some serious damage 20 years ago doesn't mean he's still good for 2019 NFL.

He and Norv ran similar Air Coryell based offenses, and Norv offense got Rivers beat up. That offense required some serious pass-blocking talents at OL and quick WRs who can ran deep and in sync with QB on timing. The QB got knock down when the QB and WR off by 1 second. How is it to to help Rivers play longer? If anything it goes back to the Norv days and push Rivers to retire sooner.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post

This opinion is wrong in so many ways. There is a reason that Martz is jobless in the NFL, can't even make it in the CFL. He's currently coach the San Diego Fleet. The game have passed him. His offense did some serious damage 20 years ago doesn't mean he's still good for 2019 NFL.

He and Norv ran similar Air Coryell based offenses, and Norv offense got Rivers beat up. That offense required some serious pass-blocking talents at OL and quick WRs who can ran deep and in sync with QB on timing. The QB got knock down when the QB and WR off by 1 second. How is it to to help Rivers play longer? If anything it goes back to the Norv days and push Rivers to retire sooner.
        Last edited by Budsman; 01-23-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• vinabolt
          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
          • Feb 2015
          • Send PM

Lol, you don't even know the timing offense that Norv ran here has gotten Rivers beaten up like a drum and nearly forced him to retire early. Martz offense, Norv offense, all the same. All come from Air Coryell. It's a 7-steps drop pass happy offense that gets QBs killed without great pass protection. Timing means nothing on QB protection with QB having to wait long on those deep routes It's an outdated offense that's rarely use in this level anymore.
          Last edited by vinabolt; 01-24-2019, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Lol, you don't even know the timing offense that Norv ran here has gotten Rivers beaten up like a drum and nearly forced him to retire early. Martz offense, Norv offense, all the same. All come from Air Coryell. It's a 7-steps drop pass happy offense that gets QBs killed without great pass protection. Timing means nothing on QB protection with QB having to wait long on those deep routes It's an outdated offense that's rarely use in this level anymore.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

They're the same offense. Both loves timing routes from intermediate area to deep. The QB take long steps and have to wait. QBs wait longer. Blockers block longer. If you want the ball out quicker you go find a dink-and-dunk offense like in NE. But Rivers don't like that, he likes deep ball. You just don't associate anything relate to Air Coryell to "getting the ball out quicker" or "helping the QB play longer". It's the complete opposite. If you want a system that priortise less hitting on the QB go find a dink-and-dunk offense that focuses on the short-range areas.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Martz's time has long since passed, thankfully.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Yet Norv keeps getting hired quickly when he is available but the game has passed Martz by? lol.

Brian Shotenhiemer keeps getting hired and he is just a bad, boring OC.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm tracking with you, I try to keep track of where all the Don Coryell disciples like Martz, Norv Turner, and Ken Zampese are.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I'm tracking with you, I try to keep track of where all the Don Coryell disciples like Martz, Norv Turner, and Ken Zampese are.
                      A lot of people like to beat up norb and for good reason. But the one thing they forget is he is a very good o-coordinator

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

They're the same offense. Both loves timing routes from intermediate area to deep. The QB take long steps and have to wait. QBs wait longer. Blockers block longer. If you want the ball out quicker you go find a dink-and-dunk offense like in NE. But Rivers don't like that, he likes deep ball. You just don't associate anything relate to Air Coryell to "getting the ball out quicker" or "helping the QB play longer". It's the complete opposite. If you want a system that priortise less hitting on the QB go find a dink-and-dunk offense that focuses on the short-range areas.

Comment

• Lightnin'
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Coach Lynn is as run-first a HC as is practical in todays' NFL.

He's also been successful with Ken Whisenhunt as his OC, having
                          won 23 games in two seasons-while the franchise won only 18 games
                          the previous three seasons under his predecessor.

Until serious problems are consistently exposed and/or when Rivers
                          retires (or seriously declines), I don't suspect we'll see a lot of upheaval
                          at the OC slot.
                          San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

Working...
                          X