Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Where's the Pro Bowl thread?

I forgot all about it until I got to the gym and it was on TV. Pouncey was playing C and Allen made a nifty catch. Whisenhut was calling plays and wearing a "Will work for food" sign around his neck :shifty:
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

We hibernate in the offseason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

That game was unwatchable. They were basically playing touch football in a raining downpour. Good idea to have the ProBowl in Orlando where it rains more than anywhere in the USA. Hey there is a stadium in San Diego you could use where it don't rain very often.
      And to top it off. Mitch fucking Trubisky made the pro bowl. Geezus. Unwatchable lol

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        That game was unwatchable. They were basically playing touch football in a raining downpour. Good idea to have the ProBowl in Orlando where it rains more than anywhere in the USA. Hey there is a stadium in San Diego you could use where it don't rain very often.
        And to top it off. Mitch fucking Trubisky made the pro bowl. Geezus. Unwatchable lol
        Lol thats basically what it is now. Our coaching staff tried to make it fun by playing Derwin James and other defensive players on offense. But that could've backed fired if they got hurt.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

It was kind of neat seeing Mahomes in a Charger Cape at the end of the game. Apparently Keenan Allen did suffer a knee contusion, I hope to hear nothing other than he'll be ok. I didn't expect anything from the game, and the defense guys playing offensive roles was fun, Ingram almost got a touch down, but the play was called dead when someone hugged him. Should they play this game going forward? I know I wouldn't miss it, even if it is entertaining at times, especially when someone decides to go after a QB after a flea flicker.

Oh, getting plays in on time seems to extend to the Pro bowl for the coaching staff. Mahomes wondering what the play was made me laugh.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

They should move it back to after the Super Bowl and a rotation of mostly domed stadiums and cities that normally have mild to great weather in February with no chance of rain, hurricanes, tornadoes, snow, etc. impacting conditions on the field.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

I got glimpses of the game but thought it was a fun exhibition especially when the offensive and defensive guys switched sides. Jalen Ramsey caught a TD pass and Derwin James was targeted on the 2 point conversion. Melvin Ingram was in for a red zone run. Mike Evans got a pick for the NFC and Saquan Barkley was playing safety. Game wasn't at all serious -- like a 2 hand touch game -- but the players seemed to have fun.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Hadnt talked with Savage Lizard in some time. Miss that guy.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Hadnt talked with Savage Lizard in some time. Miss that guy.

Good opportunity for our coaches to see who they want to poach.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍