Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RB Melvin Gordon Contract Discussion

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RB Melvin Gordon Contract Discussion

    Melvin Gordon said he'll wait for Le'Veon Bell to sign before considering a contract extension.

    "Iím sitting back waiting, waiting on Bell," Gordon admitted Wednesday on NFL Media's "Around the NFL" podcast. "Iím glad itís changing because we [running backs] were getting devalued for a little bit." Teams have been reluctant to dish out huge contracts to running backs, but Bell has a chance to change that when he hits the market this offseason. If Bell gets paid, so should Gordon. A deal might not come together right away, but Gordon remains confident that he'll be able to stay in Los Angeles. "I know weíll figure something out and the Chargers are going to be my home for awhile," said the talented 25-year-old. Gordon is due $5.6 million in the final year of his rookie deal.

  • #2
    Makes sense lets him know his value.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think Mel's a good back, but he's no where near Bell. The reason backs are not getting big contracts is that they are fairly easy to find in the later rounds. Really liked what I saw from Jackson and Eckeler last year.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Gordon might be open to a small home team discount, based on his comments. He likes being a Charger, and he knows the management likes him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
          I think Mel's a good back, but he's no where near Bell. The reason backs are not getting big contracts is that they are fairly easy to find in the later rounds. Really liked what I saw from Jackson and Eckeler last year.
          Agree. Bell's a level up. Gurley is reportedly getting a four-year, $60 million deal that includes $45 million in guarantees and a signing bonus of $20 million. Gordon's a step below Gurley as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Melvin Gordon said he'll wait for Le'Veon Bell to sign before considering a contract extension.

            "Iím sitting back waiting, waiting on Bell," Gordon admitted Wednesday on NFL Media's "Around the NFL" podcast. "Iím glad itís changing because we [running backs] were getting devalued for a little bit." Teams have been reluctant to dish out huge contracts to running backs, but Bell has a chance to change that when he hits the market this offseason. If Bell gets paid, so should Gordon. A deal might not come together right away, but Gordon remains confident that he'll be able to stay in Los Angeles. "I know weíll figure something out and the Chargers are going to be my home for awhile," said the talented 25-year-old. Gordon is due $5.6 million in the final year of his rookie deal.
            I don't want 2 pay Gordon huge money at all,,, like I said he has no pop or sizzle, 1 yard and a cloud of dust. If we draft well and fix this O-LINE anyone can run the ball. Spend that big money on both sides of the trenches.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Melvin Gordon said he'll wait for Le'Veon Bell to sign before considering a contract extension.

              "Iím sitting back waiting, waiting on Bell," Gordon admitted Wednesday on NFL Media's "Around the NFL" podcast. "Iím glad itís changing because we [running backs] were getting devalued for a little bit." Teams have been reluctant to dish out huge contracts to running backs, but Bell has a chance to change that when he hits the market this offseason. If Bell gets paid, so should Gordon. A deal might not come together right away, but Gordon remains confident that he'll be able to stay in Los Angeles. "I know weíll figure something out and the Chargers are going to be my home for awhile," said the talented 25-year-old. Gordon is due $5.6 million in the final year of his rookie deal.
              I think it would be funny if the Chargers signed Bell and trade Gordon away,,,,lol. Don't get me wrong Gordon does his best and works hard but so do wash machines,,,,
              Last edited by Electric Chicken; 01-31-2019, 10:45 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

                I think it would be funny if the Chargers signed Bell and trade Gordon away,,,,lol. Don't get me wrong Gordon does his best and works hard but so do wash machines,,,,
                Im a huge Gordon guy. I was pretty adamant here about drafting him. Plus we used a draft pick to move up a spot to get him. I think he ends up getting signed. Telesco loves him. Now he is no Bell. He cant line up xyz. He cant essentially run routes as a WR. Bell can do that.

                Gordon is one of the better RBs after first contact. But he breaks down. When the OL is clicking he is a monster. As we saw through the first 3/4 of the season. If you get Gordon behind monster OG's he would likely be a top 3 guy. Top 5.

                I dont want to pay him 10M a year though. But i also am not comfortable with Ekeler/Jackson/Newsome. Rivers best friend is a run game and stud TE. I dont know how long Rivers has left but he thinks its a few years.

                Im not opposed to signing Bell and trading Gordon. Wont happen but its fun to think about Bell. He doesnt come without question marks though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

                  I think it would be funny if the Chargers signed Bell and trade Gordon away,,,,lol. Don't get me wrong Gordon does his best and works hard but so do wash machines,,,,
                  Hahaha that was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read that. I like Gordon, but I donít want to see the team overpay for him. I also donít want them to pay for someone like Bell.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

                    I think it would be funny if the Chargers signed Bell and trade Gordon away,,,,lol. Don't get me wrong Gordon does his best and works hard but so do wash machines,,,,
                    I like MGIII. He has been a player that has improved his game each year and produces points at a high per touch rate. Heís at his best running hard up field breaking tackles, but he has proven to not be durable doing so. This is his 5th year option season and I believe heíll be looking for big time money. I donít think the value is there. I want us to draft a bigger yet nibble powerback mid/late this year and try to hit a high value replacement. Gives us a better/deeper rb group for 2019, insurance for another MGIII injury, and saves big contract $ in 2020. This is a deep RB class that have tons of flavors and types but no real elite prospects.
                    2019 Adopt - A - Bolt

                    KYZIR WHITE

                    CORTEZ BROUGHTON

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

                      I like MGIII. He has been a player that has improved his game each year and produces points at a high per touch rate. Heís at his best running hard up field breaking tackles, but he has proven to not be durable doing so. This is his 5th year option season and I believe heíll be looking for big time money. I donít think the value is there. I want us to draft a bigger yet nibble powerback mid/late this year and try to hit a high value replacement. Gives us a better/deeper rb group for 2019, insurance for another MGIII injury, and saves big contract $ in 2020. This is a deep RB class that have tons of flavors and types but no real elite prospects.
                      sign Kareem Hunt to pair with him.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jamrock View Post

                        sign Kareem Hunt to pair with him.
                        Sign Kareem Hunt,,, trade Gordon, ,,, Im 49 years old and tired of waiting 4 a super bowl,,,trade this average rb,,,you wont even know he is gone?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X