• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Agreed. If Pipkins is the sole turd from this D heavy plus Stick draft, I'm cool with it.
    LOL.... I know you are not calling hm a turd at this point, but all the angst over his PS so far makes me shake my head wondering what people honestly expected from an extremely raw guy coming out of Div II. I understand a 3rd was spent, but reports are from around the league he would have been gone before our pick in the 4th. We have a deep roster, we can wait on his development. There are questions at OT, but the biggest part of that happened after the draft. Time will tell if this bites us in the butt, but it is not even half way through August. I am not stressing it yet.

Comment

• Lyth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Bad situation. The nice thing about Ek and JJ is that we had depth. No one really expects a back to play 16 games. I don't think Ek can take the hits. We're a "Charger hight ankle sprain" on JJ from being down to someone who should be on the PS. We can't even trade for sopmeone because we don't have the cap space if MG decides to report.

Mg's agents read this right. He does have more leverage now than any other time. I don't think MG is worth the 13m a year. We want to give him 10m. I'd hate to miss the SB over that small of an amount. Seems like TT either knows something we don't or he values his system more than a championship. Hope he knows what he's doing.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post
        Mg's agents read this right. He does have more leverage now than any other time. I don't think MG is worth the 13m a year. We want to give him 10m. I'd hate to miss the SB over that small of an amount. Seems like TT either knows something we don't or he values his system more than a championship. Hope he knows what he's doing.
        The problem is, even with his "max" leverage right now, his leverage is so low that he basically has no choice but to take the Chargers offer (which I don't think he will) or report at some point. It's not a matter of valuing a system, it's a matter of valuing a player within the grand scheme of a current, and future, salary cap.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

What's weird is if he reports, it's for the $5.6 mil salary. But he can sign for $10 mil? Is he mental?

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Rescind the offer Telesco!!!
            Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

What's weird is if he reports, it's for the $5.6 mil salary. But he can sign for $10 mil? Is he mental?
              The $10 million is reportedly for a 3 year extension so he'd get $35.6 million over the next 4 years. I believe he is asking for a 4 year extension worth more than $13 million a year which would be a minimum of $57 million over the next 5 years. Not sure how mental he is, but he clearly isn't happy that RB salaries are not as valued as they used to be. He just can't do much about it.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

No my point was that we were expected to get a 3rd with Verrett, Philon and Tyrell. If Philon is not part of the equation i dont know what that means. A 4th now?
                Yep. According to Lance Zeroline at nfl.com, the Bolts are projected to get a 4th round comp:

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Projected compensatory pick: Round 4.

Key free-agent losses: Tyrell Williams (Raiders); Jason Verrett (49ers).
                Key free-agent additions: Tyrod Taylor (Browns); Thomas Davis (Panthers).
                Comp-pick analysis: The Chargers lost three qualifying free agents (Tyrell Williams, Jason Verrett, Darius Philon) and gained two (Tyrod Taylor and Thomas Davis), so they are expected to receive a comp pick, and it's likely to be a fourth-rounder. However, depending on Williams' playing time and performance, there appears to be a chance for the receiver to push that pick from the fourth round into the third round. While this might be hard to hear, Chargers fans, you may want to cheer for Williams to have a great season -- except for when he's playing against your team.

Click the link below for comp projections for all the NFL teams:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...for-every-team

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Cardinals brought in Corey Liuget today for a look, now that they're done looking at our other DT Philon lol. I think Liuget is better, personally. Get in there and smash em, Corey - we believein ya - now go and get our comp pick back up to a #3
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

No. He's greedy. He and his dual agents...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No. He's greedy. He and his dual agents...
                      he's insulted. he shouldn't be, but he is.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The $10 million is reportedly for a 3 year extension so he'd get $35.6 million over the next 4 years. I believe he is asking for a 4 year extension worth more than $13 million a year which would be a minimum of $57 million over the next 5 years. Not sure how mental he is, but he clearly isn't happy that RB salaries are not as valued as they used to be. He just can't do much about it.
                        With Gordon's injury history, and just the lifespan of the average RB, 3 years is right on the nose for what I would offer. Though I would insist on an "out" after 2 years for added protection for the club. $10 mil a year is actually a bit generous. I would have offered $8 mil the first and second years, then $9 mil year 3...IMHO, 4 years is too much to extend a RB, especially one with an injury history like MG3...look what happened with Gurley...think the Rams might have a bit of buyer's remorse after signing him to that monster contract? What if Gurley's injury hobbles him so badly he has to retire this or next year? A $57 mil deal potentially down the drain...
                        Last edited by Topcat; 08-15-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery