• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Again...to me that is dumb AF. He would be millions ahead if he just took out an insurance policy to protect future earnings from injury. As a RB you have a limited window to make bank. A couple/few MM in fines is a not an efficient way to protect the next contract. Anyone he advising that should be smacked upside the head. There are better ways to do it IMO.

To be clear I am not calling u dumb, I am calling that thought process dumb.
    Right...agree that it's foolish to give up a big chunk of his biggest payday year just to prove a point...yep, there are companies that will underwrite an athlete injury policy, and Gordon sure has the coin to do it...er...well, he COULD have had even more...If he gives up half the season, he'll lose well over $2 mil...yep, definitely a dumb thought process...

Comment

• maurile
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I don't think anyone will offer Gordon $13 million a year, but someone might offer him more than $10 million a year.

I'd rather give Ekeler a $3 million/yr extension than pay Gordon $10 million/yr..

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Draft is loaded with backs. Bring the nex guy in, and dont burn a first rd pick on a RB.
        Yep...RB's are a lot easier to find in the draft than a good OT, for example...NEXT!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

why this year Melvin......WHY?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            why this year Melvin......WHY?
            Pure selfishness--letting the team down right when we have a legit shot at SB, even WITH injuries...and greed--overestimating his market value...

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Chargers running back Melvin Gordon doesn't expect to be traded and still wants to remain with the team, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

Comment

• nomad1946
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2017
                • West Yellowstone, Montana
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Right now I would trade him for little or nothing. Just get rid of him.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                  Right now I would trade him for little or nothing. Just get rid of him.
                  That would be a foolish decision. Especially since he has to come back this year.

Comment

• El_Tee
                    I’m No Noob
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Disney World, FL
                    • Send PM

I love #30 but I believe we need a much bigger sample size before we anoint him the heir apparent.

The hard truth is that a 16 game season is absolutely brutal and while there's no denying his toughness, he is a small dude. Guys like Sproles and Woodhead could never have back to back to back 1,000 yard rushing seasons and light it up.

Just saying we need perspecrive abd patience with this. I love Ekeler and want him here long term. But that doesn't mean he has to be the workhorse #1 either.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                      I love #30 but I believe we need a much bigger sample size before we anoint him the heir apparent.

The hard truth is that a 16 game season is absolutely brutal and while there's no denying his toughness, he is a small dude. Guys like Sproles and Woodhead could never have back to back to back 1,000 yard rushing seasons and light it up.

Just saying we need perspecrive abd patience with this. I love Ekeler and want him here long term. But that doesn't mean he has to be the workhorse #1 either.
                      I think over the course of the season the rushing attempts will be pretty even between AE & JJacks. Austin will have 3 times or more receptions and thus more touches and scrimmage yards. This will hopefully keep the wear-n-tear down some.
                      It will give both a breather when MGIII finally reports and is worked back in.

2020 draft will be loaded with draftable RBs.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• captaind
                        Cook This Pork Chops
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Mars
                        • Ball Holder
                        • Send PM

Pope could even take some reps if need be. He didn't look too shabby in the preseason. I hope he gets to see some action at some point.

We have the depth to spread out the load if we need to.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

2020 draft will be loaded with draftable RBs.
                          Sound excellent...any good LT's?

Comment

Working...
                          X