• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Sound excellent...any good LT's?
    Checkout the 2020 draft thread. I listed the OTs I had highly rated going into this college season. Really like Ezra Cleveland (BSU), Yasir Durant (MIZZOU), Lucas Niang (TCU), and Alaric Jackson (IOWA).
    There are of course several more on pundit boards.
    *Walker Little (STAN) is out with a knee so he won't be coming out.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
      Right now I would trade him for little or nothing. Just get rid of him.
      Melvin is going to be a Charger this year unless someone ponies up a number 1 or 2 at worst. There is absolutely no reason to just get rid of him or get less than value. At the end of the season and if someone signs him we would probably get a comp pick probably a 3 at worst. I wouldn't low ball to just get rid of him Melvin has value and talent, but not at 13 mill a year.

There is only two scenario on the table and some what unlikely

1. Washington sends us Trent Williams for Melvin Gordon. Washington Derius Guice knee out 6-8 weeks and they didn't dress Adrain Peterson week 1. Redskins could look to draft Williams replacement 2020 and go with Gordon as their feature back for the future

a. Unlikely Redkins could say we got Guice who seems injury prone and Gordon also has a proven track record with injuries also plus he wants 13 mill
      b. Unlikely Chargers Trent Williams wants more than out of Washington he wants $$$$$$

2. Trade Value of Chargers getting a 1 or 2 from any team doesn'tseet likely and they would still need to give Melvin 13 mill. They can wait till 2020 and sign him for 13 mill and keep there picks

Some team has to be really desperate for a Melvin Gordon trade, and the fact the Chargers don't seem desperate it more than likely Gordon is here for 2019

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

AP didn't dress for Washington because they needed guys to play ST. AS long as he starts he will continue to play, but it is back to the bench once Guice comes back. I expect they may add former Redskins RB Alfred Morris, but the same goes for him too.

Their fans are ready to give up n Guice, but he is a favorite of Snyder, so he isn't going anywhere.

Washington wants a #1 for Williams, and we want a high pick for Gordon. Neither is going to happen. Neither team is going to cave for the players. I think the chances of a Williams for Gordon trade as probably the most likely trade out there, but it is highliy unlikely. I say "most", because it would give both teams an out. Neither team is going to get much for either player. It might give them a way out, but it seems like neither team will. The chances of some other team are non-existent.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I'd be shocked if Gordon is traded. The price the Chargers are asking is simply too high and the money Gordon is asking is also very high and I just don't see a team willing to do both. H e'll be back mid-season and we'll have a fresh running back down the stretch, which is not a bad thing.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

A team could have had Bell for the amount Gordon is talking and gotten him for zero draft picks. No team is going to give away draft picks for Gordon.

Ekeler is playing well, but I really haven't seen anything more from him that I didn't see last year. Excellent change of pace back who seems to wear down kinda quick. Incredibly explosive, not not that durable or powerful.

I love the fact that we have Jackson getting some quality work, because we will need him. I wouldn't be surprised if Newsome and Pope didn't get some playing time at some point.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              A team could have had Bell for the amount Gordon is talking and gotten him for zero draft picks. No team is going to give away draft picks for Gordon.

Ekeler is playing well, but I really haven't seen anything more from him that I didn't see last year. Excellent change of pace back who seems to wear down kinda quick. Incredibly explosive, not not that durable or powerful.

I love the fact that we have Jackson getting some quality work, because we will need him. I wouldn't be surprised if Newsome and Pope didn't get some playing time at some point.
              Agree, need to give JJ more snaps, and start to work Pope into the committee rotation as well...and please, no more Ekkie acrobatics and fumbles...

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Could've used MG today.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

and please, no more Ekkie acrobatics and fumbles...
                  Or he can take a backseat to Jackson or Gordon.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

this loss wasnt because our RBs sucked. They actually did pretty well running the ball. the BIG gaff was Ek trying to go airborn a 2nd time when it wasnt necessary. there were a HOST of other issues with the loss as well.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Our RBs are playing well but we could have used MG III today.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I definitely think Jackson has earned more carries and that would help keep Ekeler fresher.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                          this loss wasnt because our RBs sucked. They actually did pretty well running the ball. the BIG gaff was Ek trying to go airborn a 2nd time when it wasnt necessary. there were a HOST of other issues with the loss as well.
                          Don't forget the ref that had the Detroit D on his fantasy football team and did not want the Chargers to get a TD and kept calling them back.

Comment

Working...
                          X