• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I like Gordon. Great attitude, nice power and good speed. He knows our offense and Rivers trusts him. He is a good to very good running back. But he is not elite, he isn't durable and lingering in my mind is how his knee holds up long term with his micro-fracture surgery. He can wait for Bell's contract, but he is delusional if he thinks should get close to that money. I'd take him back at a team friendly contract but would absolutely not overpay for him. Spend the money on the line and draft a mid-round running back to replace him and the team is better off.

Comment

• bartman83642
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Can't blame the guy for waiting to see what happens with a lot of $$$ on the line. However it is entirely possible that Bell's strategy might backfire on him and he may not get as much as he thinks. I know there are some teams out there that would love to have him but might be worried that after a couple of years he will do the same thing again and leave them high and dry.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        I like Gordon. Great attitude, nice power and good speed. He knows our offense and Rivers trusts him. He is a good to very good running back. But he is not elite, he isn't durable and lingering in my mind is how his knee holds up long term with his micro-fracture surgery. He can wait for Bell's contract, but he is delusional if he thinks should get close to that money. I'd take him back at a team friendly contract but would absolutely not overpay for him. Spend the money on the line and draft a mid-round running back to replace him and the team is better off.
        Except when he was out the O suffered. A lot. Agree he is not top tier but he is a huge difference maker in this O, I think he is worth a big extension. We do not have a replacement for what he brings currently, not extending him only makes sense if TT lucks out in the draft. But with other areas needing big help, doubt we spend a pick on a RB.

At least we have him for 2019.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

Sign Kareem Hunt,,, trade Gordon, ,,, Im 49 years old and tired of waiting 4 a super bowl,,,trade this average rb,,,you wont even know he is gone?
          We already noticed when he was gone. And doubt we even sniff at Hunt. He can't play, I think the first 10 games next year either, and possibly more if Goodell doesn't let him.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Except when he was out the O suffered. A lot. Agree he is not top tier but he is a huge difference maker in this O, I think he is worth a big extension. We do not have a replacement for what he brings currently, not extending him only makes sense if TT lucks out in the draft. But with other areas needing big help, doubt we spend a pick on a RB.

At least we have him for 2019.

Did the offense struggle because he wasn't in or was that around the same time that the offensive line started breaking down? Even after he came back the line was struggling badly. I would curious to see how Jackson does with another year under his belt. Clearly we'd have a hole at that spot if we let Gordon walk. I would not extend him this offseason. If he breaks down again next season, it's time to move on.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Did the offense struggle because he wasn't in or was that around the same time that the offensive line started breaking down? Even after he came back the line was struggling badly. I would curious to see how Jackson does with another year under his belt. Clearly we'd have a hole at that spot if we let Gordon walk. I would not extend him this offseason. If he breaks down again next season, it's time to move on.
              Well it's not like Gurley has never been hurt. Sore knee made CJ Anderson be signed and Gurley not play much after. His second season he averaged well under 4 YPC. He has been dinged and of course in college he tore his ACL. Not like Gordon has missed games like Perryman.

Bottom line, we need to upgrade the OL.....as we say every year.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-01-2019, 08:34 AM.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I guess what impressed me about Gordon is he can do so much with the OL we have. Ekeler and Jackson, yeah them to but not to the extent Gordon can. Not sure our OL gets a facelift.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  I guess what impressed me about Gordon is he can do so much with the OL we have. Ekeler and Jackson, yeah them to but not to the extent Gordon can. Not sure our OL gets a facelift.
                  The line HAS to get a facelift or we will never make a super bowl.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The line HAS to get a facelift or we will never make a super bowl.
                    Oh agreed, just not sure it happens in my lifetime.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

Gordon and Ek were leading the league in yards...dont forget that. Gordon was on a tear. He is easily a top 5 back when healthy....he really improved each year. Give him a good line and he would likely be battling for the league lead.

our OL played better early on but i think they lack talent with technique....immature line. The guard play is subpar and i think we need a vet guard or two. Get the line mature talent.

no back is fool proof. Bell and Gurley have been hurt. Bell to me has waaay too much baggage...he is all about himself...no thanks.

we know what we have in Gordon and he is very talented. Rb is a position of injury. Sometimes its just bad luck like Allen or Ingram and look at them now. Starting over without a good line wont solve anything.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

We wont be able to keep Gordon if we want to keep Bosa, Williams, and James long term. We need to look at the next few years.
                        I like Gordon a lot, but we could find a replacement on day 2.this year or next.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          We wont be able to keep Gordon if we want to keep Bosa, Williams, and James long term. We need to look at the next few years.
                          I like Gordon a lot, but we could find a replacement on day 2.this year or next.
                          If you mean WR Williams, I would keep Gordon over him in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                          X