• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If you mean WR Williams, I would keep Gordon over him in a heartbeat.
    I'm sure the Rams felt that way about Gurley. Worked for a little while but Anderson isn't Gurley in run or pass game. Gurley has something going on with him to not play much in the friggin Superbowl.

Comment

• Attack
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2017
      • Send PM

I like MGIII, but not that much to pay him a big, long term deal. The Pats have proven that a big time RB is not needed to win the SB; not talking about this yr. I like Justin Jackson, Ekeler, and Detrez. All 3 can run and catch. Maybe they add a bigger RB to the mix, and it would be plenty good enough to win.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

The Pats have proven a lot of things,..... like coaching matters particularly if Belichick is the coach.

They have no stars on offense except for Brady and Gronk and Edelman is very good but missed all last season and four games to start this season. And they traded Cooks away who could be a star.
        is Brady that much better than every other QB? I think Belichick is the best coach hands down.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The days of shelling out mega $$ for RBs are over.

Not denying the talents of guys like MGIII and Bell, but it's just too easy for a competent defense to take away the running game if they want to. It's hard to justify tying up that much money into one position when the trenches still need so much help.

I like MGIII a lot, don't get me wrong. But he is always dinged late in the year, it seems. Losing him certainly creates another hole and we should be looking to maximize all assets in this last couple of years of Rivers' career. I would love to retain him but not at the huge salary that he may be wanting. Sorry but that's just the way the game is these days. I would be more than happy to have a RB committee (assuming they are all somewhat talented).
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

4 Years 52M for Bell. What is Gordon worth?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Bell got less than Gurley, which I think Bell has been better. Gurley 4 yrs, 60 mil.
              ​​​​​​
              Gordon 4 years, 45-48 mil, 30 mil guaranteed? Anyone want to pay that? His only issue has been durability. Other than that he has been real good.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-12-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I just love that Bell didn't get what he was looking for. He sat out and gave up 14MM, which he thought to recoup. His agent should be flogged publicly for convincing him to give up a prime earning year.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

I don't want 2 pay Gordon huge money at all,,, like I said he has no pop or sizzle, 1 yard and a cloud of dust. If we draft well and fix this O-LINE anyone can run the ball. Spend that big money on both sides of the trenches.
                  Last edited by Topcat; 03-13-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                    I just love that Bell didn't get what he was looking for. He sat out and gave up 14MM, which he thought to recoup. His agent should be flogged publicly for convincing him to give up a prime earning year.
                    Bell's agent, Adisa Bakari, made the mistake of going on radio and publicly threatening the Steelers with having Bell sit out a year. Then, some of his teammates reacted, saying, "let him sit." It's like Weddle 2.0 meets Khalil Mack 2.0...Steelers were forced to unload a headcase and potential locker room cancer...some of these agents are just so unwise...you just can't make dumb public statements like this and think it won't come back to bite you...and now, Bell signs for a lot less $$$ than the original offer...lame...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Our own fans don't appreciate Gordon for what he is,....till we have to start Ekeler. Gordon can do it all and is smooth at it. Do we want to tie up big money in him? Not really but what RBs in FA are out there that can do what Gordon can that won't cost a bunch?
                      If we lose Gordon you can take to the bank we will draft another instead of going with Dontrez,Ekeler and JJ.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Solid take. The O is a different thing with Gordon.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Our own fans don't appreciate Gordon for what he is,....till we have to start Ekeler. Gordon can do it all and is smooth at it. Do we want to tie up big money in him? Not really but what RBs in FA are out there that can do what Gordon can that won't cost a bunch?
                          If we lose Gordon you can take to the bank we will draft another instead of going with Dontrez,Ekeler and JJ.
                          Chargers still own Gordon this year on rookie deal. Why not bring in Ingram or CJ Anderson as backup/insurance against injury and tell Gordon they'll talk to him after the season about a new deal if he stays healthy. If he has a monster year, pay him going rate- or Franchise him 1 year at a time like they did with Sproles. If he gets dinged up again or has a subpar year, he needs to take a team friendly deal or they draft his replacement.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡