• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Never should have signed that contract if he wasn't intending on playing it through. Can't give in to his demands or other players will do the same to the Chargers organization. If a trade can't be made or he won't come down to a realistic price, let him sit and fine him at the maximum amount.
    Exactly what I said in my prior post.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      27th is underpaid.
      Still has a year left on his rookie deal, so he is paid commensurate with where he was drafted. He is not a top 5 back, so I feel he wants top 5 money this will be hard to work out.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Exactly what I said in my prior post.
        Sorry. Must have missed it scrolling through. Right on.

Just tired of seeing these players not following through with their original agreement. If Gordon feels disrespected by the current offer, follow through with your original agreement, do your job and move on after that to an organization that agrees with your self valuation.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Never should have signed that contract if he wasn't intending on playing it through. Can't give in to his demands or other players will do the same to the Chargers organization. If a trade can't be made or he won't come down to a realistic price, let him sit and fine him at the maximum amount.
          Not sure I understand your first point. Rookie deals are slotted in value. Agree 100% with everything else.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Sorry. Must have missed it scrolling through. Right on.

Just tired of seeing these players not following through with their original agreement. If Gordon feels disrespected by the current offer, follow through with your original agreement, do your job and move on after that to an organization that agrees with your self valuation.
            Ultimately, the Chargers can make him do that. Unlike Bell who was FT once already, Gordon is still on his rookie deal so he does not have the same situation AFAIK. He wants a long term deal and this is the only leverage he has. I understand his view, and I also understand the Chargers not wanting to pay top dollar for a RB. If they do a deal make sure there is an out after 2years, 3 max, and get a discount for doing it with a year left on his rookie deal.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

If ya can't get a deal or find a good trade.....F Gordon. He has missed a bunch of games, especially down the stretch and playoffs. Make him sit until week 10 and be fresh for the playoffs. Then franchise him next year and draft a stud in a deep draft. He doesn't like it? He can sit for 2 years, get fined up the wazzooo and then good luck getting a huge deal at 28 after sitting 2 years and missing 2 prime career earning years as a RB.
              LOL...wow, good one, Panama...love it! Franchise him, just for the heck of it...

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Id offer Washington something for Peterson. Then draft a RB next year. They have Guice coming back.

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Not sure I understand your first point. Rookie deals are slotted in value. Agree 100% with everything else.
                  First point is simple. Follow through on your original agreement. There are other rookies who held out for various reasons on their rookie contracts. If you want to get a new contract before your existing one is over, realize there are other needs that are greater on the team, and you have to take less on your perceived value on a new contract for that security blanket to be there ahead of time.

Sitting out isn't going to bode well for anyone. Not for Gordon getting hit with fines, and not for the Chargers who will have to deal with the drama/distraction.
                  Last edited by SDBORN; 07-11-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Id offer Washington something for Peterson. Then draft a RB next year. They have Guice coming back.
                    F that. Dude can't catch a cold. Not a good fit.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Ultimately, the Chargers can make him do that. Unlike Bell who was FT once already, Gordon is still on his rookie deal so he does not have the same situation AFAIK. He wants a long term deal and this is the only leverage he has. I understand his view, and I also understand the Chargers not wanting to pay top dollar for a RB. If they do a deal make sure there is an out after 2years, 3 max, and get a discount for doing it with a year left on his rookie deal.
                      As far as I'm aware, this is correct. Gordon would be impacted in a much more negative way financially than Bell in this situation if he simply sits as far as I know.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        No thank you on Peterson.
                        Last edited by SDBORN; 07-11-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL...wow, good one, Panama...love it! Franchise him, just for the heck of it...
                          We may have bigger needs in the franchise tag area next year. I doubt we want to be using it on a disgruntled RB.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍