• Send PM

That is sooo good ...

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Gordon has very little leverage. He is under contract. He has been injured every year affecting play time. His ypc outside of last year wasnt above average. Rb arent valued the same as top positions. Bell held and the Steelers didnt budge and they had a great running game still.

He has a load of talent but still hasnt put a season together. Love the guy. But in most respects he is replacable with JJ and JJ is just learning too so has upside.

I think the Chargers will be willing to waive the fines if he shows before the season starts in a good faith effort. If he holds out he loses about 1/4 of his pay right? I dont know his financial advisor (I do know Ingrams though) but Id say the benefit wont be worth the holdout as I dont feel this is going to drive his price up at all given he isnt a free agent in any respect. Work in good faith during the season at a new deal...hes made his shot over the bow but hes shooting sawdust. No bueno Gordo. No bueno.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Tons. And with an additional 3rd rounder it wont be hard to get one. Unless the Philon release hurts that comp pick. I really think after the declarations next year RB could be the deepest group in years. Its a perfect time to let Gordon walk. But still that doesnt help us this year in the even that JJ isnt the answer. I think he will be though. If he does well....we could just fatten up the OL and make he and Eks job even easier.

OL/CB are sort of my early team needs. I would guess that most early mocks also have those positions. Do we keep Hayward next year with his huge cap? And draft a CB #1 to replace him? Maybe Davis and Williams flounder this year. But i really do think this DL will create so much damage that the DBs....even if just better than average...will reap the rewards. I like the pieces we have now. But going forward i want to get Rivers in that new stadium for at least 4 years. So build a monster OL.
        OL, CB, RB, TE, & DL are my list as of now. CB, OL, & RB are very deep position groups.
        I have a gut feeling that Trent Scott is going to prove himself more than adequate this season. There are several CBs and Olinemen that I very high on my early board.
        Here's to picking last in each round in 2020. The GLEAM of the Lombardi is going to be spectacular!
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          Gordon has very little leverage. He is under contract. He has been injured every year affecting play time. His ypc outside of last year wasnt above average. Rb arent valued the same as top positions. Bell held and the Steelers didnt budge and they had a great running game still.

He has a load of talent but still hasnt put a season together. Love the guy. But in most respects he is replacable with JJ and JJ is just learning too so has upside.

I think the Chargers will be willing to waive the fines if he shows before the season starts in a good faith effort. If he holds out he loses about 1/4 of his pay right? I dont know his financial advisor (I do know Ingrams though) but Id say the benefit wont be worth the holdout as I dont feel this is going to drive his price up at all given he isnt a free agent in any respect. Work in good faith during the season at a new deal...hes made his shot over the bow but hes shooting sawdust. No bueno Gordo. No bueno.
          He technically gets a $30K fine daily from missing TC, game check fine for every PSG missed, and fined game checks for all preseason games. If he doesn't come back until week 10, he'll make about SQUAT in 2019.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            I don't get what Melvin is trying to accomplish. He has no leverage
            Melvin's agents have realized that the Chargers are primed for SB run AND that next year a bunch of players who are more important to the Chargers than him are up for new contracts AND that next year's draft class is full of top shelf RB's

So the time try to hold the team hostage is NOW because it won't work next year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              I don't get what Melvin is trying to accomplish. He has no leverage
              Zeke has two years left on his contract and is holding out lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Tons. And with an additional 3rd rounder it wont be hard to get one. Unless the Philon release hurts that comp pick. I really think after the declarations next year RB could be the deepest group in years. Its a perfect time to let Gordon walk. But still that doesnt help us this year in the even that JJ isnt the answer. I think he will be though. If he does well....we could just fatten up the OL and make he and Eks job even easier.

OL/CB are sort of my early team needs. I would guess that most early mocks also have those positions. Do we keep Hayward next year with his huge cap? And draft a CB #1 to replace him? Maybe Davis and Williams flounder this year. But i really do think this DL will create so much damage that the DBs....even if just better than average...will reap the rewards. I like the pieces we have now. But going forward i want to get Rivers in that new stadium for at least 4 years. So build a monster OL.
                Doubt we are getting a 3rd round comp pick for Philon. It was only 2 years, 10 mill. Id bet it will be only a 5th or 6th.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Gordon's holdout has worked. He has been offered 10 mil for this year Plus 2 more I think. Take the money and run.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Gordon's holdout has worked. He has been offered 10 mil for this year Plus 2 more I think. Take the money and run.
                    If it's worked, why hasn't he signed??

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Zeke has two years left on his contract and is holding out lol
                      He also has 2 rushing titles.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Actually, we don't know that. If the Chargers offered him that before he started holding out (and the reports are that they have not talked for a long time) than his holdout has done nothing to this point, except turn a lot of fans against him.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Doubt we are getting a 3rd round comp pick for Philon. It was only 2 years, 10 mill. Id bet it will be only a 5th or 6th.
                          Given Telesco's track record, that might be a good thing??
                          5th round gems!
                          .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                          .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                          .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                          .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                          .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                          .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                          .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                          .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                          .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢