• Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Flacco to Denver

Broncos agree to trade for Ravens QB Joe Flacco

Herbie Teope
    Around The NFL Writer
    Print

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said in early January that quarterback Joe Flacco would have a market, and the prediction proved correct.

The Ravens on Wednesday agreed in principle to trade Flacco to the Denver Broncos in exchange for a mid-round pick, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via sources informed of the situation.

Rapoport added that Flacco, who had three years remaining on his contract, will need to rework his deal for the Broncos. Baltimore and Denver are not allowed to publicly comment on the transaction until the NFL's new calendar year begins on March 13, when the deal should be finalized. ESPN's Adam Schefter was first to report the trade
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Denver just got a lot more competitive.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

That is NOT good news and for a "mid-round pick"

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Flacco is a shell and a shadow of his former self. While an upgrade over Casey Kasem (which is not saying much) he is not terribly worrisome.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

He sucked last season, boys. That's why they replaced him with Lamar.

And he wasn't great the year before, either.

Honestly, Keenum had a MUCH better year in Minnesota before last year, than Flacco did coming in this year.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

The Ravens showed you can win with him by going with the basics. Strong D and a Run game. Im not sure Lindsey can hold up with a full slate of snaps. But with Freeman they are pretty good in that area. They will upgrade the OL. They are similar to the Ravens now. And in a way the Patriots who just beat the high scoring Rams by running the ball and stopping the run. I think when you play the Broncos you still take our their run game and force him to throw. They are better but not by a lot imo.

Hes not great. But that D and run game makes him decent. Just stop the run and collapse the pocket. He isnt going to be running around and making too many scripted plays outside the pocket. He takes RPO's off the table. So you really dont have to prep for that.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

So they just got considerably older at qb snd probably pissed Keenum off in the process. This is not a long term solution and is another grab to fix their qb situation. I wouldnt be surprised they still grab a qb in round 1.

While Flacco might be an improvement I am not overly fearful...they had more issues than the qb last year...starting over yet again on coaching staffs now too. Its rebuild mode for the donks.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Yawn... an immobile quarterback for our pass rush to pick on. Not worried.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Las Vegas, NV
                  • Send PM

They went from having the worst QB in the division to still having the worst QB in the division. I am not worried. In fact I like the move as it will slow their rebuilding process yet again.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Flacco is now the only QB in the AFC West to play in and win a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Flacco is now the only QB in the AFC West to play in and win a Super Bowl.
                      Trent Dilfer 2.0

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Flacco can't carry a team the year they went to the Super Bowl it was the D that carried them. Flacco couldn't carry the 2018 Ravens that played a big part in him loosing his job to Lamarr Jackson.

Denver isn't more competive with the addition of Flacco, they have regressed on D and it was obvious that the talents of Von Miller & Bradley Chubb wasn't enough when you have no difference makers at LB position, and the secondary is below average especially when CB Chris Harris went down. On offense they can win if they can control the clock by ground and pound with Lindsey & Freeman, but there recieving crew is Emanuel Sanders and a bunch of young unproven receivers.

Unless Denver hits a homerun in the draft and gets some good FA pickups this team is 7-9 or 8-8 at best. The division will again come down to the Chargers and Chiefs, the Faiders have a strong hold on the basement,

Comment

Working...
                        X