Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Padres Sign Manny Machado

10 years 300M

Its slow here so ill make this thread in this forum.
  • Darth Sergious
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Rumors still swirling about Bryce Harper

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Darth Sergious View Post
      Rumors still swirling about Bryce Harper
      There is just no way that happens. lol

Comment

• Darth Sergious
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Still about 50 mill under the cap tp reach the average payroll and about 114 mill left to spend (let me check back with sources).

But yeah, very dificult to see it happen, but hey, everything goes in internets land!

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

As a White Sox fan I am glad we didn't get Machado. A lot of money for a guy who seemed very lazy with the Dodgers last year. I'd rather do some smart A's Money Ball and get several players than one in case he doesn't live up to the price tag.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
            As a White Sox fan I am glad we didn't get Machado. A lot of money for a guy who seemed very lazy with the Dodgers last year. I'd rather do some smart A's Money Ball and get several players than one in case he doesn't live up to the price tag.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Padres aren't signing Harper too and they have already said that today. I think he was the next guy in line but Machado makes the most sense because they need a 3rd baseman. Friday said to be the official signing of Machado. Hopefully they can land a starting pitcher now.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                Yeah well the A's owner isn't ever gonna spend and they only average 9k to 12k fans a game. Went to a couple when I was working up there. Cheap tickets and always a good seat to choose from lol. Liking the Padres ownership but it's weird seeing the organization spend money. Usually it's a fire sale.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • University English Lecturer
                  • Send PM

I'm pretty excited. Actually, the owners have been spending money since they took over. Seidler has got some deep pockets, apparently, and Fowler's got no holes in his shoes either. Most of the money they've been spending has been on improving the farm system and they went way deep in penalties a couple of years ago, when they signed all those international players. Three years in a row now, they've set a new franchise record for signings. First it was Meyers, for 53 million, I think. Then Hosmer for over a 100 million last year, and now the biggest package in American sports history for Machado. They're putting together a nice looking bunch of fielders/hitters. The starting pitching will be behind this year, but I've got hopes for Lucchesi, Lauer, and Strahm. After that, it's a bit of a tossup, but Paddock should be showing up soon if not out of the gate, and I've heard nothing but nice things about him. There's a bunch of other guys we can expect to see later this year or next year, like Richards, who they signed from the Angels, Lamet, and god only knows whoelse. It's a good time to be a Padres fan.

Comment

• chris9341
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Well as Reds fan I can honestly say that the Reds and Padres had the best offseason. We got Yasiel Puig who should probably hit about 35 to 40 hr's playing at Great American Ball Park. I think Machado playing at Petco Park I can't see him hitting over 35 hr's this year but I can see him leading the league in doubles.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                      Well as Reds fan I can honestly say that the Reds and Padres had the best offseason. We got Yasiel Puig who should probably hit about 35 to 40 hr's playing at Great American Ball Park. I think Machado playing at Petco Park I can't see him hitting over 35 hr's this year but I can see him leading the league in doubles.
                      The reds remind me of the 2015 Padres. Lots of talent but short on cohesiveness. Hope it works out better for you guys than it did us.

Comment

• JDA21
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

we overpaid but we got a superstar at the age of 26 which is almost unheard of and he still has a lot of great seasons ahead of him...I really hope he agreed to play 3B because he is MUCH better defensively there based on the metrics. This is the first time in quite awhile that I have been hopeful and excited for the Padres future.

Comment

Working...
                        X