• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDA21
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Gotta admit i freaked out when i saw this.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 12.33.29 PM.png

I just walked in the door from the Marina. And after hearing the actual numbers im ecstatic. First of all his football IQ is off the charts. He is a coach on the field. 2nd of all Brown and Perryman are not built for the amount of snaps they get. They play with reckless abandon and it takes its toll. Both the guys need to be rotated out. The beauty of Davis is that he can play both weak and inside. At a high level still. I dont know that he starts over White but he is the perfect coach for White. Yes hes old but so what. He is a specimen. He reminds me a little of Donnie Edwards. I would have loved to keep Edwards around before he retired just so he could teach the younger guys and be that vocal veteran.

Every team needs a veteran like Davis to look up too. He knows how to get guys in position. He can break down whats going wrong and talk to coaches about it during the game. Hes just a really valuable asset to have on a team.

I think he will share the load at weak and move inside on money d with White at weak.
    well said, I think he still has some left in the tank.

Comment

• Jagged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Omaha, Nebraska
      • Send PM

Originally posted by moneyisevil View Post

He's slow, old and better than what we have, which isn't saying much, our linebackers are terrible, some of the worst in the league, almost anyone is an upgrade that's my take ! His stat's which were good, not great came at the expense of bad teams they played last year. I don't see him being a game changer for us and could well be wrong, that's my opinion, we'll see what happens, I hope your'e right and I'm wrong, game time will tell the tale ! We need desperately some talent at LB and Int. D lineman, thats a fact, I hope he works out but I'm not excited.
      You're right, he's not going to be a game changer for us. His contract reflects that though. No one is expecting him to come in and play like he did in his prime. He is good depth though.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It's time to get rid of the dead wood, folks. Pullard, Dzubnar and Emmanuel are three LB's who are huge liabilities in coverage. We need COMPLETE LB's who can tackle AND cover. You know how many passes Pullard, Dzoobie and Emmanuel defensed last year, COMBINED? ZERO!!! Davis has over 50 careers PD's and 13 picks. Huge difference.
        Cat, this is why you don't just pull stats willy nilly. Dzubner, for example, plays ST primarily. That's what makes him valuable.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Cat, this is why you don't just pull stats willy nilly. Dzubner, for example, plays ST primarily. That's what makes him valuable.
          Okay, fair enough. Let's leave Dzoobie out of this, because he was a back-up. But now, Pullard and Emmanuel, both of them either started most of the time or got a ton of snaps. There were a LOT of times I saw both Pullard or Emmanuel get totally juked in coverage, or just plain not even anticipate and accelerate to even have a chance to break up the play. These are two players who indubitably need to be upgraded.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            More of this:

Yeah! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!
            That picture is from 2005... enough said.

Getty Images. Find high resolution royalty-free images, editorial stock photos, vector art, video footage clips and stock music licensing at the richest image search photo library online.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

If Davis is better than what we fielded against NE, good on TT.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                If Davis is better than what we fielded against NE, good on TT.
                in all fairness any of our LB's that were injured were better than what we fielded against NE

Comment

Thomas Davis still has enough left in the tank to be a useful addition to this team. Obviously he is not the pro bowl/all pro line backer he was a few seasons ago. If he was the Panthers would never have let him go. But he is still good enough to contribute and not be a liability to our defense. He is a leader and has been on some good defences. He has even played in the big game. So there's plenty of experience for our young players to learn from, and although the game is moving towards more athleticism and speed, perhaps more youth as well, there will always be a place for players like Thomas Davis on title contenders like ourselves.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JDA21 View Post

well said, I think he still has some left in the tank.
                    My favorite part was when he walked in from the Marina

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Thomas Davis still has enough left in the tank to be a useful addition to this team. Obviously he is not the pro bowl/all pro line backer he was a few seasons ago. If he was the Panthers would never have let him go. But he is still good enough to contribute and not be a liability to our defense. He is a leader and has been on some good defences. He has even played in the big game. So there's plenty of experience for our young players to learn from, and although the game is moving towards more athleticism and speed, perhaps more youth as well, there will always be a place for players like Thomas Davis on title contenders like ourselves.
                      Yes that place is as a coach. 36 year old linebackers are called coaches, but for the price and for depth sure why not, his knowledge as a player/coach is worth it.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Yes that place is as a coach. 36 year old linebackers are called coaches, but for the price and for depth sure why not, his knowledge as a player/coach is worth it.
                        He was a 32,33, and 34 y old PB and all-pro at 33. He still played well last year too after his 4 game suspension. 40 y old QBs are usually unemployed not Sb champs too. Not like his production has fallen off a cliff.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Wierd how he had some great years while old right before getting popped for peds. I'm sure it had nothing to do with it...

Comment

Working...
                          X