• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Picking up the Nkemdiche slack in the desert...
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    Ben Herbert

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Wow......if true that is some stupid shit right there........

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Just goes to show there is often more to the story when some guys are not resigned. I was puzzled when he was not retained -- relatively cheap, ascending player who the team developed. But maybe they saw warnings that off the field he might be a problem?

TG
        I liked Philon as a player, but we never get to know most of these guys as 'people'. Young 'rich' guys with money are free to blow it anyway they want, but the line gets crossed when guns and violence are involved, (and pointing a gun is 'assault'). I'll give this story some time to run, its interesting that a stripper is following a customer to his car to get money when a bouncer might be around to help her out, but why would he need more money? To pay off her tab? At least the stripper has a stripper friend to back up her side of the story.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Cardinals starting defensive end Darius Philon was arrested and taken into custody at a Maricopa County jail on Friday morning for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon following an incident outside a Phoenix strip club in May, according to report by TMZ.

Philon, signed by the Cardinals to a two-year, free-agent deal worth $10 million this offseason, allegedly threatened to shoot a dancer outside the club, VLive, during an altercation on May 17, TMZ reported, citing a police report.

The alleged victim apparently told Phoenix police that Philon requested that she and another female companion accompany him outside to his vehicle, a white BMW. Once there, according to TMZ, Philon allegedly grabbed a handgun and pointed it at one of the victim's chest, saying, "Which one of you wants a bullet?"

Are you a sports fan? Stay in the know. Subscribe to azcentral.com today.

According to TMZ, Philon allegedly lowered the gun before again pointing it at the woman. The alleged victim went to police days later and they apparently launched an investigation which resulted in Philon's arrest Friday morning, a day after the Cardinals' preseason opener against the Chargers at State Farm Stadium.

Philon, 25, is in his fifth NFL season after spending the past four years with the Chargers. He was a sixth-round pick out of Arkansas in 2015. He was signed by the Cardinals, in part, to be the team's starting defensive end ahead of troubled former Cardinals' defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche, who recently was released by the club following two traffic arrests within one week and for reporting to training camp out of shape.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

I'm sorry to hear this about Darius Philon. I hope he can turn his life around.

He reportedly had one of the worst interviews at the combine - combative at times - and it turned a lot of teams off.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

denozoasf GIF

Philon had it made. He got his second contract. He was set for life. What a moron.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Just goes to show there is often more to the story when some guys are not resigned. I was puzzled when he was not retained -- relatively cheap, ascending player who the team developed. But maybe they saw warnings that off the field he might be a problem?

TG
                TT is in touch with the locker room
                an often, overlooked aspect of front office management.
                atta boy Tommy!!
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I want a stripper friend.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    I want a stripper friend.

Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Not exactly the lap dance blueman had in mind.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I'm good.

Comment

• Big Dog
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

It gets better ..

The alleged victim told cops she retreated to the club ... and Philon drove away, according to the report.

The alleged victim told police Philon returned to the club the following night -- telling her he "wanted to make things right -- and asked her to leave with him. She says she denied the request, and attempted to walk away ... but claims Darius grabbed her by the arm and prevented her from leaving. She told cops she was eventually able to get away from him and return to work ... however, she says he followed her around for approximately 30 minutes before leaving the club. The alleged victim did not immediately report the incident to cops. She waited several weeks before going to Phoenix PD ... who then launched an investigation.

PPD concluded their investigation and arrested Philon Friday around 11 AM.

Philon -- who signed a 2-year $10 million contract earlier this year -- is in his 5th season in the NFL. Prior to joining the Cards, he played for the San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers. He racked up 8.5 sacks over the last 2 years.

Philon is still currently behind bars ... and is set to appear before a judge on Saturday

Comment

Working...
                          X