• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Topcat is going to get me free front row seats for the game in Mexico City.
    :troll:
    When you go to Mexico City, just stay away from any of those Mexican cantinas at night...especially LATE at night...they just LOVE to rob naive Americanos, especially drunk ones...which reminds me of ANOTHER story...I met a Canadian Dude who was living in Mexico who told me this story...he went to a cantina and sits on the stool, pays for a drink with a $20 dollar bill. Bartender gives him about $17 in change. He leaves the pile of cash next to his drink as he keeps drinking. Where Canadian Dude comes from, the next drink, the bartender just dips into the wad of cash. In Mexico, not so smart. 300-lb Jose spots the wad, reaches over, grabs the whole wad, and stuffs it into his pocket. Canadian Dude stares at him in shock, wondering if it's worth it to accuse Jose of theft or not. Jose keeps on drinking his cerveza as if nothing happened. Canadian Dude decides it's not worth a fight or worse. After the shock wears off, he slowly staggers out of the bar...
    Last edited by Topcat; 08-13-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Darius Philon was a wisdom of wu late round draft nugget.

Barely 20 years old when drafted, Philon grew into a 3Tech who was making plays in both the running and passing game.

As pointed out, the Chargers saw a need for more length and power at defensive tackle (see interest in Taven Bryan, drafting of Jerry Tillery.)

Obviously, the Chargers correctly assessed that Philon had not matured so as to be able to handle well getting his first big contract.
      This is actually a very incisive point. When you give a player an extension, a team should not only look at how he plays, but also his psycological makeup, his Twitter habits, his known other habits, including night life, whether he's a stable family man, etc. All these should go into the equation. The last thing u want to do is throw $$$ at the next Johnny Highball or a headcase like AB...

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

When you go to Mexico City, just stay away from any of those Mexican cantinas at night...especially LATE at night...they just LOVE to rob naive Americanos, especially drunk ones...which reminds me of ANOTHER story...I met a Canadian Dude who was living in Mexico who told me this story...he went to a cantina and sits on the stool, pays for a drink with a $20 dollar bill. Bartender gives him about $17 in change. He leaves the pile of cash next to his drink as he keeps drinking. Where Canadian Dude comes from, the next drink, the bartender just dips into the wad of cash. In Mexico, not so smart. 300-lb Jose spots the wad, reaches over, grabs the whole wad, and stuffs it into his pocket. Canadian Dude stares at him in shock, wondering if it's worth it to accuse Jose of theft or not. Jose keeps on drinking his cerveza as if nothing happened. Canadian Dude decides it's not worth a fight or worse. After the shock wears off, he slowly staggers out of the bar...
        Should i exchange my travelers checks using street check cashing operators Topcat?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Should i exchange my travelers checks using street check cashing operators Topcat?
          LOL...watch out for those "Casa de Cambio" places also, who claim to give you a good exchange rate, but rip u off...reminds me of ANOTHER story...One time, before crossing the border, we went to a Casa de Cambio in San Ysidro...I gave 150-lb. Sneaky Jose about $100 to exchange to pesos...he counted out the pesos, gave me my receipt, then Jose noticed that I was actually examining the receipt and re-counting the pesos to verify he exchanged it at the correct rate...as soon as he sees me checking up on him, Sneaky Jose quickly grabs the whole pile, pulls it back in, pretends he made an honest mistake, then counts out the wad at the correct rate...take NOTHING for granted...oh, and ditch your expensive watch, ring and clothes...dress like an upgraded bum...crime and kidnappings are getting awful down there...a lot of these don't get reported by our news...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

My mom & dad used to love to go to the horse races at Caliente.

My mom was waiting for a ride at the "Alto" sign and got arrested for soliciting.

SD lawyer said to just pay the fine and move along.

Ma made it back to Diego with quite the story.
            You don't know ball

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

My mom was waiting for a ride at the "Alto" sign and got arrested for soliciting.

Wood, was she all dolled up in a short skirt? Any "nice" Mexican girl is careful not to dress a certain way and hang around certain places...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Wood, was she all dolled up in a short skirt? Any "nice" Mexican girl is careful not to dress a certain way and hang around certain places...
                It was ridekerous.
                You don't know ball

Comment

• Big Dog
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

... kidnappings are getting awful down there...a lot of these don't get reported by our news...
                  This thread has been kidnapped ...

Came here looking to find out more about Philon and instead I found out Wu's mom is the sexy hotty standing by the stop sign

Now that image is going to be stuck in my head all day ...
                  Last edited by Big Dog; 08-14-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Okay that is pretty funny!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

This thread has been kidnapped ...

Came here looking to find out more about Philon and instead I found out Wu's mom is the sexy hotty standing by the stop sign

Now that image is going to be stuck in my head all day ...
                      Its ok, Philon is gone and never knew he was such a douche. No more needs to be said about him.
                      Wu's Mom story......um, ....well thats a nice one to tell the grandkids....id'nt it?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍