• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

OT: Padres Look Good - Padres Discussion

Im shocked at how good the young pitching looks. To have a couple young guys like Margevicius and Strahm that were not even listed in the Padres top 30 prospects is strange. You always hear how loaded our farm system is but if we are pulling guys up that are not even ranked and they are this good? I cant imagine how bright the future is for our top prospects.

Manny has really helped us on D. Obvsiously you want him to mash the ball but his defense has saved us. Hustling out that grounder yesterday was huge.

Id love to swing a deal for Kluber. He is cheap over the next 3 years. I was sort of wondering if Margevicius was on the mound simply to showcase for a trade.
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Tatis Jr starts hitting ?

Look out !
    You don't know ball

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Tatis Jr starts hitting ?

Look out !
      Agreed. I think Reyes could also put up 40 HRs. Hopefully he can get better patience at the dish and draw more walks while striking out less. He could be a 50 HR guy if given the ABs. Joey Gallo type.

I love the Kinsler signing. Garcia is a really solid utility bat as well. I think Margot could finally put together a solid hitting season. He looks different this year. I could see this team being top 5 in SB's this year as well.

Comment

• bartman83642
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Haven't paid a lot of attention to baseball the last couple of years. Saw Paddack pitch the other day though and he looked impressive. Manny got his first HR yesterday.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Manny's shot was a rocket. We could use another SP. Sounds like we are or were in discussions with Dallas Keuchel.

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Since I am not local I have just been going off of the free preview on DirecTV or highlights. Hope to watch a little more ball this year though.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Pretty solid stream site for when you want to watch games.

​​​​​​http://mlbstreams.net/san-diego-padres-mlb-live-stream/

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Keuchel isn't signed yet? He must be asking crazy money. He would definitely help the Padres if they want to afford him.

Comment

• chargerUce
                  CHEE-HOO!!!!
                  • Sep 2018
                  • southern cal
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Keuchel isn't signed yet? He must be asking crazy money. He would definitely help the Padres if they want to afford him.
                  him and Kimbrel are still out there..

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Keuchel would be a nice pick up. I heard Stroman was a possibility. Also a good pick up. Kluber with his affordable contract would be nice. I wonder if the Padres are showcasing these young guys who are not even ranked in their top 30 prospects.

Margevicius and Avila come to mind. I had seriously never even heard of these 2 and all of a sudden they are pitching in the big leagues for us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Keuchel would be a nice pick up. I heard Stroman was a possibility. Also a good pick up. Kluber with his affordable contract would be nice. I wonder if the Padres are showcasing these young guys who are not even ranked in their top 30 prospects.

Margevicius and Avila come to mind. I had seriously never even heard of these 2 and all of a sudden they are pitching in the big leagues for us.
                      LOL, thats been happening the past two seasons. We bring up a SS the past two seasons and they stay for a while and havent seen either since.

Id love to pick up Kluber or Keuchel but Keuchel not being signed yet must mean he wants huge money. He is too good to not be on a team.

I dont want Kimbrell as was mentioned today that he isnt signed.

The Pads are looking good but can use some starting pitching. I expect the young guys to improve but its a matter if they ant to win this year. Dont sacrafice too much of the future for this year. We know Perdomo stinks and isnt getting better but i liked Lamat's future . Just need his arm to be 100%.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-12-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Rugger05
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I actually ordered MLBtv this year. They look good thus far. They really need to get another SP who can pitch longer then 5 innings into a game. I am sure AJ will bring in a veteran sooner rather then later. Should be a fun season!!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍