Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Germaine Pratt started out his college career as a Free Safety...(Brian Urlacher, anyone?) was asked to hit the gym, put on weight, and change position...which he did. Finished with 100+ tackles, 6 sacks, and double digit TFLs...so he can cover, tackle, and blitz...the only thing I can't speak to is whether he could/would be a leader on the field. I think being adaptable enough to switch and be successful at two positions in college speaks to commitment and maybe even football IQ...but not necessarily that he would be a vocal leader. But your MLB doesn't have to be the QB of the defense...whoever our WILL ends up beign(Kyzir?) could do the same...

Anyway, really like Pratt...curious how our staff feels about him, but I don't know that we even talked to him.
    Pretty good synopsis. Pratt has all the attributes we could look for/ability to play all 3 LB spots if need be. Would be a solid pick for us @91. With the limited top end LB class he will probably go higher.
    Last edited by like54ninjas; 04-15-2019, 12:56 PM. Reason: Added info
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Germaine Pratt started out his college career as a Free Safety...(Brian Urlacher, anyone?) was asked to hit the gym, put on weight, and change position...which he did. Finished with 100+ tackles, 6 sacks, and double digit TFLs...so he can cover, tackle, and blitz...the only thing I can't speak to is whether he could/would be a leader on the field. I think being adaptable enough to switch and be successful at two positions in college speaks to commitment and maybe even football IQ...but not necessarily that he would be a vocal leader. But your MLB doesn't have to be the QB of the defense...whoever our WILL ends up beign(Kyzir?) could do the same...

Anyway, really like Pratt...curious how our staff feels about him, but I don't know that we even talked to him.
      Yeah, a top prospect, but where can the Bolts fit him into their draft?
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Yeah, a top prospect, but where can the Bolts fit him into their draft?
        There is some rawness there, as he doesn't have a lot of experience(though he looked pretty good last season) at LB...but the tremendous upside has him high up on a lot of boards...question is, where is he on the coaches/scouting staff boards? If they are even close to what some pundits have to say, we may be able to nab him at 60...maybe. In the 3rd would be a lucky steal in my opinion...no way he is there in the 5th, as Beach suggested...

I don't even know if we are interested, or if we feel we have other fish to fry...but me? I like him for the Bolts.
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

We need LB depth. At 60 would not suck.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Well which is it? A coverage backer, or TJ Edwards? Maybe he covered ok in college, but I don't think he is athletic enough to be anything but a 2 down thumper in the NFL...if even that.
            TJ Edwards is exellent in zone coverage, something the GusD ran alot of.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

TJ Edwards is exellent in zone coverage, something the GusD ran alot of.
              He might have been in college...somewhat doubtful in the NFL...I actually like him as a player, but does he translate to the pros with limited athleticism? 5th round backup, with an opportunity to prove his play speed is better than his test speed.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
              X