X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dak Prescott wants to be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL. That much is clear from his latest contract demand.

The Dallas Cowboys quarterback, who is entering the final year of his contract and has been negotiating an extension with the club, has turned down a deal worth $30 million per year and is instead seeking a contract worth $40 million per year, NFL Network's Jane Slater reported Monday, per a source informed of the talks.
    If Prescott were to sign a deal worth $40 million in annual average value (AAV), that would make him the league's highest-paid QB in AAV by $5 million, around 14.3 percent more than the league-high $35M per year that Russell Wilsonis making on his current deal, per Spotrac.
    Moving to LA is not a good business decision, it’s a death sentence.

Comment

• Jerrah has troubles brewing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Jerrah has troubles brewing.
        It may be time for Jerrah to cut both Dak and Zeke loose and start rebuilding...can't give both of them what they want and re-sign other key vets...find a QB and RB who are actually hungry to play and don't make crazy $$$ demands...too much greed going on nowadays...Dak didn't even make the top 10 in QB ratings last year...he rates at #18, behind ANDY DALTON, for crying out loud! Sorry, Dak, yer good, but not great...kind of reminds me of someone ELSE who is not top tier, but wants top tier $$$, now, who might that be...hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Topcat View Post

It may be time for Jerrah to cut both Dak and Zeke loose and start rebuilding...can't give both of them what they want and re-sign other key vets...find a QB and RB who are actually hungry to play and don't make crazy $$$ demands...too much greed going on nowadays...Dak didn't even make the top 10 in QB ratings last year...he rates at #18, behind ANDY DALTON, for crying out loud! Sorry, Dak, yer good, but not great...kind of reminds me of someone ELSE who is not top tier, but wants top tier $$$, now, who might that be...hmmm...
          Sounds crazy but I would seriously consider that if I'm JJ
          unfortunately they're built to win now
          JJ isn't getting younger
          he needs to make a few decisions
          don't forget Cooper

The Art of Tillery

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Sounds crazy but I would seriously consider that if I'm JJ
            unfortunately they're built to win now
            JJ isn't getting younger
            he needs to make a few decisions
            don't forget Cooper
            Wow, got that right. Cooper is in the last year of his deal, and I guess $13.9 mil might not be enough to keep him happy...they're having talks to extend Cooper's deal already, and Cooper is reportedly asking for "top 3" money. Honestly, I would just let all three go...send Dak, Zeke and Coop all packing and rebuild with young, hungry, talented players...

Comment

• Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Dak Prescott wants to be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL. That much is clear from his latest contract demand.

The Dallas Cowboys quarterback, who is entering the final year of his contract and has been negotiating an extension with the club, has turned down a deal worth $30 million per year and is instead seeking a contract worth $40 million per year, NFL Network's Jane Slater reported Monday, per a source informed of the talks.
              If Prescott were to sign a deal worth $40 million in annual average value (AAV), that would make him the league's highest-paid QB in AAV by $5 million, around 14.3 percent more than the league-high $35M per year that Russell Wilsonis making on his current deal, per Spotrac.
              Offering him 30 mil is a joke. He should of took it and ran. Dude isn't near one of the top QBs in the league. Jerrah is a fucking idiot is he offers more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Offering him 30 mil is a joke. He should of took it and ran. Dude isn't near one of the top QBs in the league. Jerrah is a fucking idiot is he offers more.
                Same agents as MG3 ?

Comment

• Time for Luck to man up. It's just a small little bone thing. LOL

Irsay: Luck injury, absence related to bone issue

6:40 AM PT
                  • ESPN
                  Andrew Luck's ongoing absence from Indianapolis Colts training camp is related to a bone issue in his lower left leg, according to team owner Jim Irsay.
                  Irsay told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday that Luck's injury is similar to that of former Colts defensive end Raheem Brock.
                  "I know everyone's had their questions about Andrew and that sort of thing, but I really feel very confident that he's going to find his way through this thing," Irsay said. "I think after the [Kevin] Durant thing [that] everyone's erring on the side of caution, but quite frankly this is not even in the Achilles tendon. It's in another area. It's a bone. You know I'm not good at these things. ... It's a small little bone."
                  Durant ruptured his right Achilles tendon during Game 5 of the NBA Finals in June.
                  Irsay did not indicate whether Luck's diagnosis had any effect on his eventual return to the field.
                  The Colts announced July 29 that Luck was going to stop practicing until he felt like his calf was 100 percent healthy. Luck said the following day that his Achilles was not at extra risk of injury.
                  The quarterback was ruled out of practices through Monday due to ongoing pain in his calf. The Colts have Tuesday off before starting two days of joint practices with the Cleveland Browns on Wednesday and Thursday.
                  Luck, who has been a participant in walk-throughs and has worked with throwing coach Tom House, will not participate in those joint sessions with the Browns.
                  He originally suffered the calf injury in late April. He missed all of the Colts' organized team activities and minicamp in the spring and has taken part in just three practices -- none as a full participant -- in training camp.
                  Last week, coach Frank Reich didn't shut the door on keeping a third quarterback on the roster heading into the regular season. The Colts play at the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not even close. He's the MG of QBs ... good but ... well ... cmon. what was their record without Zeke? Yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

Same agents as MG3 ?
                      Well, I guess u can't blame Dak for wanting a raise, though I think he's asking for too much. After all, Dak is making the same salary as our own Kordell:

"Prescott's 2018 base salary of $630,000 in 2018 is 66th among quarterbacks in the league, tied with players such as Brandon Allen, Nate Sudfeld, Jake Rudock, Kevin Hogan, Jeff Driskill and Cardale Jones, per Spotrac."

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/latest...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Uh, TT can fix that real easy, why wait for cut-down day?

Comment

• 1. With Nick Foles watching on the opposite sideline, Philadelphia's QB depth took yet another hit on Thursday night -- a blindside hit, to be specific. Cody Kessler started for the Eagles with Carson Wentz suited up but sidelined and Nate Sudfeld nursing a broken wrist. But Kessler exited on Philly's first drive with a concussion -- the result of a blitzing Datone Jones running untouched past rookie left tackle Andre Dillard and into Kessler's spleen -- forcing fourth-string rookie Clayton Thorson into the thick for the game's duration. Given Wentz's injury history, the Eagles arguably did not do enough this offseason to bolster the backup QB position. The events of the last two weeks have bolstered that argument.
                          Two thoughts. Keep Rivers on the bench. And Dillard was supposed to ge better than that.

Comment

Working...
                          X