Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Drue Tranquill, ILB, Notre Dame

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #97
    Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    I like that Drue is a highlight rookie thus far but no need to get carried away. He'll get a good opportunity to make his case. I'm stoked that we have LB depth! Woo hoo! Last year v NE we played safties at LB.
    I like that we have a lot more speed in our LB depth. U need football players that are good athletes; not the other way around or only fb players that are not good athletes.

    Comment


    • #98
      2019 Adopt - A - Bolt

      KYZIR WHITE

      CORTEZ BROUGHTON

      Comment


      • #99
        I'm going to get excited about Tranquill after he shows he's an NFL linebacker in real games. Remember Joshua Perry? Eerily similar. He was the college teammate of our 1st round 2016 DL pick, drafted in the 4th round like Tranquill. There was a lot of buzz about Perry going into his rookie season, we all thought he was going to be one of the steals of the draft. Then he completely disappeared when the season started and washed out after one year. It's just weird how similar the situation is to Tranquill, who is now wearing Perry's number. So I'm reserving opinion about Tranquill for now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I'm going to get excited about Tranquill after he shows he's an NFL linebacker in real games. Remember Joshua Perry? Eerily similar. He was the college teammate of our 1st round 2016 DL pick, drafted in the 4th round like Tranquill. There was a lot of buzz about Perry going into his rookie season, we all thought he was going to be one of the steals of the draft. Then he completely disappeared when the season started and washed out after one year. It's just weird how similar the situation is to Tranquill, who is now wearing Perry's number. So I'm reserving opinion about Tranquill for now.
          It would be foolish to get too excited (or down on) any player after one preseason game. But the coaches are raving about him for a reason so we'll see how he develops.

          Comment


          • Perry moved like molasses. Tranquil is much faster. Bad comparison.
            Moving to LA is not a good business decision, it’s a death sentence.

            Comment


            • He looks like an NFL linebacker to me, so I'll be excited enough for the both of us.
              if he ends up busting, I'll just pretend I was cynical from the beginning.
              go Drue!!

              The Art of Tillery

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Perry moved like molasses. Tranquil is much faster. Bad comparison.
                I don't know why Perry failed, the Bolts released him on an injury waiver before the 2017 season and he bounced around a little before retiring due to concussions. But the buzz about him before his rookie season, among Chargers fans anyway, was pretty optimistic.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  I'm going to get excited about Tranquill after he shows he's an NFL linebacker in real games. Remember Joshua Perry? Eerily similar. He was the college teammate of our 1st round 2016 DL pick, drafted in the 4th round like Tranquill. There was a lot of buzz about Perry going into his rookie season, we all thought he was going to be one of the steals of the draft. Then he completely disappeared when the season started and washed out after one year. It's just weird how similar the situation is to Tranquill, who is now wearing Perry's number. So I'm reserving opinion about Tranquill for now.
                  Joshua Perry showed me nothing at Ohio State as an inside linebacker. I didn't hear much about him during spring camp or training camp. In retrospect, he probably was too large and should have been a defensive end or outside rush linebacker.

                  Tranquil impressed me against Clemson.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    He looks like an NFL linebacker to me, so I'll be excited enough for the both of us.
                    if he ends up busting, I'll just pretend I was cynical from the beginning.
                    go Drue!!
                    In college, i don't remember him slipping blocks from lineman; he would generally take them head on.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      He looks like an NFL linebacker to me, so I'll be excited enough for the both of us.
                      if he ends up busting, I'll just pretend I was cynical from the beginning.
                      go Drue!!
                      Same page. Love this D draft!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

                        Joshua Perry showed me nothing at Ohio State as an inside linebacker. I didn't hear much about him during spring camp or training camp. In retrospect, he probably was too large and should have been a defensive end or outside rush linebacker.

                        Tranquil impressed me against Clemson.
                        Lotta buzz about Perry in 2016. Chargers fans on the board I used to hang out at (SDUT) were also pretty high on him.

                        https://nflspinzone.com/2016/05/26/s...backing-corps/
                        https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/...rry-ohio-state
                        https://ohiostate.rivals.com/news/pe...make-believers

                        Comment


                        • It's probably more than coincidence that TT takes college teammates, but I don't think it really works beyond training camp. Maybe Gordon was helped by having Watt. Perry really showed nothing in his rookie camp. The Tillery/Tranquil/Rochell (and maybe 'mullet') might be decent, but that's still too early to say. I just think TT and Jonh Spanos maybe too reliant on on that midwest scout. I'd like to see that M.Williams/A.Scott thing work out as well.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X