• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    I like that Drue is a highlight rookie thus far but no need to get carried away. He'll get a good opportunity to make his case. I'm stoked that we have LB depth! Woo hoo! Last year v NE we played safties at LB.
    I like that we have a lot more speed in our LB depth. U need football players that are good athletes; not the other way around or only fb players that are not good athletes.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I'm going to get excited about Tranquill after he shows he's an NFL linebacker in real games. Remember Joshua Perry? Eerily similar. He was the college teammate of our 1st round 2016 DL pick, drafted in the 4th round like Tranquill. There was a lot of buzz about Perry going into his rookie season, we all thought he was going to be one of the steals of the draft. Then he completely disappeared when the season started and washed out after one year. It's just weird how similar the situation is to Tranquill, who is now wearing Perry's number. So I'm reserving opinion about Tranquill for now.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I'm going to get excited about Tranquill after he shows he's an NFL linebacker in real games. Remember Joshua Perry? Eerily similar. He was the college teammate of our 1st round 2016 DL pick, drafted in the 4th round like Tranquill. There was a lot of buzz about Perry going into his rookie season, we all thought he was going to be one of the steals of the draft. Then he completely disappeared when the season started and washed out after one year. It's just weird how similar the situation is to Tranquill, who is now wearing Perry's number. So I'm reserving opinion about Tranquill for now.
          It would be foolish to get too excited (or down on) any player after one preseason game. But the coaches are raving about him for a reason so we'll see how he develops.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Perry moved like molasses. Tranquil is much faster. Bad comparison.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

He looks like an NFL linebacker to me, so I'll be excited enough for the both of us.
              if he ends up busting, I'll just pretend I was cynical from the beginning.
              go Drue!!
              .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
              .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
              .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
              .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
              .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
              .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
              .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
              .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
              .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Perry moved like molasses. Tranquil is much faster. Bad comparison.
                I don't know why Perry failed, the Bolts released him on an injury waiver before the 2017 season and he bounced around a little before retiring due to concussions. But the buzz about him before his rookie season, among Chargers fans anyway, was pretty optimistic.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Joshua Perry showed me nothing at Ohio State as an inside linebacker. I didn't hear much about him during spring camp or training camp. In retrospect, he probably was too large and should have been a defensive end or outside rush linebacker.

Tranquil impressed me against Clemson.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    He looks like an NFL linebacker to me, so I'll be excited enough for the both of us.
                    go Drue!!
                    In college, i don't remember him slipping blocks from lineman; he would generally take them head on.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      go Drue!!
                      Same page. Love this D draft!

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Joshua Perry showed me nothing at Ohio State as an inside linebacker. I didn't hear much about him during spring camp or training camp. In retrospect, he probably was too large and should have been a defensive end or outside rush linebacker.

Tranquil impressed me against Clemson.
                        Lotta buzz about Perry in 2016. Chargers fans on the board I used to hang out at (SDUT) were also pretty high on him.

After the draft, the San Diego Chargers can create a elite defense capable of terrorizing the league.

Joshua Perry continues to make believers out of people as he is now the next Buckeyes player to be drafted.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

It's probably more than coincidence that TT takes college teammates, but I don't think it really works beyond training camp. Maybe Gordon was helped by having Watt. Perry really showed nothing in his rookie camp. The Tillery/Tranquil/Rochell (and maybe 'mullet') might be decent, but that's still too early to say. I just think TT and Jonh Spanos maybe too reliant on on that midwest scout. I'd like to see that M.Williams/A.Scott thing work out as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍