Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gladuasked View Post

Stick is carrying that ball very loosely.
    Welcome to TPB!
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gladuasked View Post

Stick is carrying that ball very loosely.
      Yep. Stick needs to take lessons on ball security from Ekkie...

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

New member here. First post. What I think Tommy T. is doing with Tyrod and the Stickman is paving the way for a seamless transition from the Rivers era. He's built a one of the best solid cores of young players in the league. Usually when a franchise QB retires, a team dips and goes into a rebuild around a new young QB. I think Telesco doesn't want to do that, and if Rivers were to retire in the next couple of seasons, he potentially has Taylor who could take over and maintain the offense as a top 5 or 10 unit and the team could keep on winning and not waste any years of the careers of this fabulous young defensive players this team has. Both Taylor and Stick fit the kind of offense Anthony Lynn wants to run. Stick is a part of the plan too. Either as a back up to Taylor, or if Taylor gets another starting gig, Stick after a few seasons may develop into the next franchise QB. I really, really like what I have seen from this kid so far. Anyway, I think Telesco is always looking a few years ahead. This team has great young talent and why waste it due to the retirement of your nearly-40 franchise QB. Develop the future now, while winning now, and ensure the team's elite status if there is a QB change in the next few seasons.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Great post, welcome aboard!

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            New member here. First post. What I think Tommy T. is doing with Tyrod and the Stickman is paving the way for a seamless transition from the Rivers era. He's built a one of the best solid cores of young players in the league. Usually when a franchise QB retires, a team dips and goes into a rebuild around a new young QB. I think Telesco doesn't want to do that, and if Rivers were to retire in the next couple of seasons, he potentially has Taylor who could take over and maintain the offense as a top 5 or 10 unit and the team could keep on winning and not waste any years of the careers of this fabulous young defensive players this team has. Both Taylor and Stick fit the kind of offense Anthony Lynn wants to run. Stick is a part of the plan too. Either as a back up to Taylor, or if Taylor gets anothe"r starting gig, Stick after a few seasons may develop into the next franchise QB. I really, really like what I have seen from this kid so far. Anyway, I think Telesco is always looking a few years ahead. This team has great young talent and why waste it due to the retirement of your nearly-40 franchise QB. Develop the future now, while winning now, and ensure the team's elite status if there is a QB change in the next few seasons.
            That's a very solid post. Glad you joined in here. I'll take it one step further - I think they only expect this season and next from PR.

You said "Anyway, I think Telesco is always looking a few years ahead". I think you're right and i think that's the main difference between us fans and TT.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

New member here. First post. What I think Tommy T. is doing with Tyrod and the Stickman is paving the way for a seamless transition from the Rivers era. He's built a one of the best solid cores of young players in the league. Usually when a franchise QB retires, a team dips and goes into a rebuild around a new young QB. I think Telesco doesn't want to do that, and if Rivers were to retire in the next couple of seasons, he potentially has Taylor who could take over and maintain the offense as a top 5 or 10 unit and the team could keep on winning and not waste any years of the careers of this fabulous young defensive players this team has. Both Taylor and Stick fit the kind of offense Anthony Lynn wants to run. Stick is a part of the plan too. Either as a back up to Taylor, or if Taylor gets another starting gig, Stick after a few seasons may develop into the next franchise QB. I really, really like what I have seen from this kid so far. Anyway, I think Telesco is always looking a few years ahead. This team has great young talent and why waste it due to the retirement of your nearly-40 franchise QB. Develop the future now, while winning now, and ensure the team's elite status if there is a QB change in the next few seasons.
              Excellent post.

Good have ave you at TPB.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Its good to have you. Amazing take brother. We salute you. Welcome to the fold.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Velo is spot on. Stick was a late round flier who is looking good and i give 95% prob of sticking on the 53. AL, and a lot of coaches, are looking for a QB who brings that second dimension, but not at the expense of the first dimension of throwing the ball. That was the Cardale experiment, alas it turns out he cant really run well and he cant throw well enough. He's had more than enough time in the league, his time is up.

Pip is a lock on the 53 too imo, not because he's ready but because they will take more than a year, maybe 2, before they give up. I'd say let the kid play 3 more PS games before you write his frosh season off for good - he may just surprise. Its a long shot but its possible. They didn't expect him to play early, they are not surprised the guy who put up 16 reps needs to build up his strength.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Pip only put up 16 reps of 225? In my heyday I was able to rep 10 reps at my scrawny size, and I was 155lbs back then. If that's what he was able to do then he definitely needs to strengthen up.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      Pip only put up 16 reps of 225? In my heyday I was able to rep 10 reps at my scrawny size, and I was 155lbs back then. If that's what he was able to do then he definitely needs to strengthen up.
                      Indeed he does.
                      Trey also has about 34" arms so functional strength will not always transfer to the weight room metrics.
                      He definitely lacks upper body strength, "shock" w/hand strikes, and lower body (legs/hips) drive power.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Tuhrod is too old to be the future...

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Indeed he does.
                          Trey also has about 34" arms so functional strength will not always transfer to the weight room metrics.
                          He definitely lacks upper body strength, "shock" w/hand strikes, and lower body (legs/hips) drive power.
                          D2 with a ton of room for improvement. I sort of felt like Pip would use his rookie year to get up to D1 speed going up against NFL talent in camp. And his 2nd year camp would be as if he were drafted out of a D1 school in 2020. I think his development was slowed in D2. I think the team felt that with a couple years of development given his intangibles that he could develop into a solid OT. Telesco made it clear that he was a serious project and the mountain was a tall climb. But they needed OT help and the rookie pool was not loaded. So they are relying on their developmental process. I would not be surprised if this time next year he is looking much better. At the end of the day this is a long term investment for them. Its always been long term. We are just panicking now because we lost Okung and Trey may be forced to play. I still think its a possibility that a guy on the fringe of another teams roster gets cut because his cap #.

Ive seen some plays this camp where he gets beat bad. And its not a technical thing every time. Its a speed thing. Its a timing thing. He is so slow to react. The game will eventually slow down for him.

How about a trade with the Eagles. We send them Gordon and Pipkins they send us Miles Sanders and Vaitai?

Comment

Working...
                          X