Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Eric Williams predicts we keep Jones over Stick. God, I hope not - play the game of your life Thursday Stick!
    I think it's do or die for Stick. Jones has played pretty well the last two weeks so Stick will need to outplay him this week. I think some other team will nab him if he's put on PT.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Screw Jones we all want Stick.If Lynn wants to adopt him fine but most of us want the dude off our team.Stick waaaay outplayed him last week and shows true potential.Lynn cannot be That stupid.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Aaaaand now it seems almost certain Stick is PS bound and Lynn will keep Jones.Im sick of even thinkin about the back up q.b.Hell the dude aint never gonna see the field anyhow.Just hope we only keep one backup.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Tijuana
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          Aaaaand now it seems almost certain Stick is PS bound and Lynn will keep Jones.Im sick of even thinkin about the back up q.b.Hell the dude aint never gonna see the field anyhow.Just hope we only keep one backup.
          The backup QB is decent, the third-string QB is not, but don't worry, he'll be inactive the whole season

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

There's no reason to want Stick over Jones now except for emotion. He's a project and while i like his zippy running ability, I'd rather have a QB that can throw.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• PMR9FAN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Waste of a round 5. We all knew it.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Las Vegas, NV
                • Send PM

Not a waste, you have to take qb's. They are valuable and one will hit. Stick still has potential, if he was a sure thing he wouldn't have made the fifth round.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  There's no reason to want Stick over Jones now except for emotion. He's a project and while i like his zippy running ability, I'd rather have a QB that can throw.
                  The reason would be so we don't burn another mid round pick on a QB.

Comment

• Tol
                    From Accounting
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Carlsbad
                    • Send PM

I'm big on Stick, would love to find a way to hang on to him. But I got to give Jones his due. He's looked good all preseason. He can step up into the pocket and deliver. When he does need to run, he can. He also had zero picks. I was excited about the Taylor signing, but his preseason play left me wanting. And now I'm wondering if Jones can put together drives better than Taylor. Call me crazy, but I remember when he started over Mayfield for 2.5 games, his rating, 64.5. His last two years in Buffalo, 89.2 and 89.7. His preseason rating this year 80.4. Cardale Jones preseason rating this year 103.4. I know everyone is hyping Taylor as the best backup in the NFL, but is he? Maybe we have something better in Jones. He's been developing in our system for a couple years now. If Rivers continues to be Ironman, you don't really need the best backup in the NFL, do you. I know Jones gets a lot of flack here and the CMB. But these last four games have shown me a new Cardale Jones. Hot take: I think Jones is QB2 ready, and could put together better drives than Taylor if called on. Decision time for AL and TT. We'll see which investments they want to hold on to.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                      I'm big on Stick, would love to find a way to hang on to him. But I got to give Jones his due. He's looked good all preseason. He can step up into the pocket and deliver. When he does need to run, he can. He also had zero picks. I was excited about the Taylor signing, but his preseason play left me wanting. And now I'm wondering if Jones can put together drives better than Taylor. Call me crazy, but I remember when he started over Mayfield for 2.5 games, his rating, 64.5. His last two years in Buffalo, 89.2 and 89.7. His preseason rating this year 80.4. Cardale Jones preseason rating this year 103.4. I know everyone is hyping Taylor as the best backup in the NFL, but is he? Maybe we have something better in Jones. He's been developing in our system for a couple years now. If Rivers continues to be Ironman, you don't really need the best backup in the NFL, do you. I know Jones gets a lot of flack here and the CMB. But these last four games have shown me a new Cardale Jones. Hot take: I think Jones is QB2 ready, and could put together better drives than Taylor if called on. Decision time for AL and TT. We'll see which investments they want to hold on to.
                      Stop! Cardale is not better than Tyrod. Tyrod did not play against 2nd and 3rd stringers and didn't play near as much in the games either.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                        Not sure if Jones is an upgrade over Tyrod yet, but I will say that Cardale has improved immensely...

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post
                          Waste of a round 5. We all knew it.
                          Quite a longshot to be sure. Brady was a 6th rounder but still showed a lot more promise than Stick, very early on.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍