• Show
Clear All
  • EnglishBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • UK
    • Send PM

I really love this pick.

Replaced Carson Wentz at North Dakota State when Carson got hurt and led NDSU to a Championship game.

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Who was the last Chargers QB with any mobility... Doug Flutie ?
      Uh, Geno Smiith?
      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

I actually really like this pick...sometimes, as your QB is aging, but still has gas in the tank, you can use a late round pick on a gamble...like swinging for the fence on the first pitch. May not be the best pitch, but once in awhile you connect.

This kid has all the intangibles, and brings a dual threat aspect that Lynn has got to love. There are really only two questions...can we develop that arm furthur over the course of 3 years or so, and is the kid ready to be patient and keep his desire stoked for that long...?

I think Easton Stick was more popular among teams than some on here realize...super intelligent dual threat QB with leadership pouring out of his ears? If he has a great camp, I want him holding the clipboard for the next three years...either ship tyrod off, or carry 3 QBs first year.

Think of it as an investment...in three years, if the kid looks good in preseason, and maybe even some spot duty if Rivers ever comes out of a game...there might be a second or third rounder we get out of him, should Rivers decide to play another few years.

The players we were picking at this point? Special teamers/backups anyway. I like the idea of gambling a 5th...if we hit, and Rivers hangs it up in 3 years or so, we may not have to trade away half a draft to scramble and get a guy that fits us...might be right here.
        The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          I actually really like this pick...sometimes, as your QB is aging, but still has gas in the tank, you can use a late round pick on a gamble...like swinging for the fence on the first pitch. May not be the best pitch, but once in awhile you connect.

This kid has all the intangibles, and brings a dual threat aspect that Lynn has got to love. There are really only two questions...can we develop that arm furthur over the course of 3 years or so, and is the kid ready to be patient and keep his desire stoked for that long...?

I think Easton Stick was more popular among teams than some on here realize...super intelligent dual threat QB with leadership pouring out of his ears? If he has a great camp, I want him holding the clipboard for the next three years...either ship tyrod off, or carry 3 QBs first year.

Think of it as an investment...in three years, if the kid looks good in preseason, and maybe even some spot duty if Rivers ever comes out of a game...there might be a second or third rounder we get out of him, should Rivers decide to play another few years.

The players we were picking at this point? Special teamers/backups anyway. I like the idea of gambling a 5th...if we hit, and Rivers hangs it up in 3 years or so, we may not have to trade away half a draft to scramble and get a guy that fits us...might be right here.

Can I get an AMEN from the Choir??????

Comment

• PR9FAN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Dumb pick. Need to improve oline.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Uh, Geno Smiith?
              Don't foggit 'bout Geno !
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

A fifth round pick on a qb every five years doesn't hurt team depth.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  A fifth round pick on a qb every five years doesn't hurt team depth.
                  It doesn't but I'm sure we will be picking QBs more often now. Rivers replacement next year and backup material as well as Taylor has a two year deal.

This class was just weak is all. Stick may be a backup type, or not. But he will see more competition going forward. Thorson did absolutely nothing for me as a prospect and I'm not real excited about Stick either but hey, we'll see.

If I expect nothing I can only be pleasantly surprised, and his competition will be whoever else we have besides Tyrod
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-28-2019, 10:34 AM.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Watched about 50 mins of that 2 hour roll. He can really run and is decisive. But then this kid is really a passer and with 60%+ as a deep thrower he has got some good traits. He needs work but despite his size being more Brees like I dont see a serious knock on him. Let him learn under a master in Rivers and see what blossoms. I dont think a 5th is a waste at all. Weve dumped other qbs in the same draft range. I have a feeling this kid sticks. I still hope we have Rivers a long while but you cant ignore the need for the what if happens sooner than later.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

The problem is we have both Pipkins as a redshirt and Stick as a 3rd qb taking up roster spots. Normally you wouldn't keep both on the 53. So we're are down two players that could help in games.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        The problem is we have both Pipkins as a redshirt and Stick as a 3rd qb taking up roster spots. Normally you wouldn't keep both on the 53. So we're are down two players that could help in games.
                        I guess I would want to see that play out in TC.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

TT said they carry 8 OL and suit up 7 on game days. A matter of who are the best 8.

Can't see anyone taking Stick from our PS but can't you name 1 your emergency 3rd QB and not have him active? Not sure the details.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X