• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, if they like him that much, they better carry 3 QB's, because if he's halfway good, some QB-hungry team looking for a decent backup could well poach him from the PS...
    Could be a Saints type scenario. They had Brees, Bridgewater and Hill. Maybe Stick is destined for a similar roll to Hill. In fact watch the NFL start trending towards 2 headed QB game plans. Pocket passers with mobile qbs sprinkled in.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Could be a Saints type scenario. They had Brees, Bridgewater and Hill. Maybe Stick is destined for a similar roll to Hill. In fact watch the NFL start trending towards 2 headed QB game plans. Pocket passers with mobile qbs sprinkled in.
      Just posted something similar. Harbaugh already said that he plans on using McSorley along with Lamar next year. Nothing wrong with giving D's more to have to prepare for.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post
        Let's wait and see how they use the kid before we pass too much judgement. If he can fill a role similar to how NO is using Taysom Hill on O and ST's, I'd say he's worth a 5th round pick. We shall see...
        In that case I'd agree but Whiz isnt creative like Payton. We'll see though.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I guess Stick could also be used in practice to run the wildcat or to simulate scrambling QB's we're going to face...hmmmm...the idea has merit...

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I guess Stick could also be used in practice to run the wildcat or to simulate scrambling QB's we're going to face...hmmmm...the idea has merit...
            I thought that was a reason for bringing in Taylor. It makes some sense.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I considered this angle as well.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I thought that was a reason for bringing in Taylor. It makes some sense.
                Remember Fleet, Taylor is your #1 backup. Don't want to chance him getting injured scrambling in practice. Use Stick instead...

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Remember Fleet, Taylor is your #1 backup. Don't want to chance him getting injured scrambling in practice. Use Stick instead...
                  Thats one way of looking at it. I tend to think Rivers is as ironclad as it gets. So if Taylor can help this defense prepare i dont think they would hesitate to use him. They throw a red shirt on him anyways. If you dont run guys in practice out of fear they will get hurt then thats not good imo. And i think Lynn has said something along those lines in the past.

Obvioulsy now Stick can be used in that role. But i dont think he was drafted to be a practice player. I think they want him to be our #2. It saves us money next year when Taylor can be cut with little left over damage financially.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Thats one way of looking at it. I tend to think Rivers is as ironclad as it gets. So if Taylor can help this defense prepare i dont think they would hesitate to use him. They throw a red shirt on him anyways. If you dont run guys in practice out of fear they will get hurt then thats not good imo. And i think Lynn has said something along those lines in the past.

Obvioulsy now Stick can be used in that role. But i dont think he was drafted to be a practice player. I think they want him to be our #2. It saves us money next year when Taylor can be cut with little left over damage financially.
                    Interesting theory there, Fleet. Tyrod has a two year, $11 mil deal, BUT there's an Addae-like out after his first year...so they wouldn't have to pay that $7 mil the next year...

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Interesting theory there, Fleet. Tyrod has a two year, $11 mil deal, BUT there's an Addae-like out after his first year...so they wouldn't have to pay that $7 mil the next year...
                      Yeah i think Taylor is a one year guy for us. I think the idea is that Stick can be a solid #2 for years to come. And has the athleticism to help him succeed if Rivers goes down. Crazy productive player. Might have had a better college career than Wentz.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

I have watched Easton Stick play multiple times. 2 of those 3 losses came to my Jackrabbits.

He's good. How good? IDK. But Wentz went down with a thumb injury his Senior year and Stick came in and QBed the Bison for 6-8 games his freshman year. They didn't miss a beat. He even played the FCS playoff games up to the title game when Wentz came back. So he's got some moxie about him.

He's an athlete. Runs the ball very effectively. Very effectively. NDSU used him on designed runs a lot.

He's like a flanker that completes 60% of his passes. Pretty accurate thrower.

He did run a pro style offense. But the Bizun probably run the ball more than any team around. They are a power smashmouth football team. Lots of 2 TE sets and under center work.

NDSU is kinda like USC when Leinert was there. They are more talented and deeper than basically everyone they play. So I don't know how he'll be in the NFL.

He's a tough cookie. Runs hard. Plays hard. Very difficult to sack.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                          I have watched Easton Stick play multiple times. 2 of those 3 losses came to my Jackrabbits.

He's good. How good? IDK. But Wentz went down with a thumb injury his Senior year and Stick came in and QBed the Bison for 6-8 games his freshman year. They didn't miss a beat. He even played the FCS playoff games up to the title game when Wentz came back. So he's got some moxie about him.

He's an athlete. Runs the ball very effectively. Very effectively. NDSU used him on designed runs a lot.

He's like a flanker that completes 60% of his passes. Pretty accurate thrower.

He did run a pro style offense. But the Bizun probably run the ball more than any team around. They are a power smashmouth football team. Lots of 2 TE sets and under center work.

NDSU is kinda like USC when Leinert was there. They are more talented and deeper than basically everyone they play. So I don't know how he'll be in the NFL.

He's a tough cookie. Runs hard. Plays hard. Very difficult to sack.
                          Thanks for that inside info there, Coach. At first, I didn't like the Stick pick. Now, I'm kind of warming up to it...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍