• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Tyrod Taylor's 89.6 career rating is higher than Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, all SB winners this century who got rings with teams that had dominating defenses. That 89.6 rating looks even better when you factor in he played 80 percent of his games with the Bills.

Comment

• Big Dog
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Feeling good about our QB situation at all 3 levels ...

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
        Feeling good about our QB situation at all 3 levels ...
        Agree - not sure when all 3 QBs on our roster are not looked at as roster filler.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Is Tyrod a Super Bowl QB?
          Was Dilfer? :shrug:

In anycase, ill say gain, we will be drafting a high round QB in the next two seasons.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Was Trent Dilfer a SB winning QB?
            Brad Johnson, Nick Foles etc.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Stick just needs reps. He has all you want at this level, I'm very sold.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I'm not sold yet that he is a future starter. He had an impressive game against the Cards, but he has a ways to go before he is ready to start a regular season game. He does have the look that he could, at a minimum, be a solid backup.

As far as Tyrod, I don't think he is being brought in to be a long term QB. He is a stop gap in case Rivers doesn't resign. Otherwise, he is a backup who can play well enough as a starter to give a very realistic chance of winning. He has never had as many weapons available in Buffalo as he has with us. He isn't going to be as good as Rivers, but he is a solid player who gives us options at a time, where Rivers age makes the QB thing a potential issue.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Hmmm, ways to go. If a rookie QB like him started on any team, would he be at the bottom on the league? If started on a team with a killer D, top receivers, and a pretty decent running game (that he would be contributing to, lol), would he be a detriment, or on balance an asset? Just seeing the little I have, if I didn't have Rivers I'd start him, and be okay with the growing pains. What's nice is we have Tyrod as a stop gap QB. But again, on balance and looking at the quality and lack thereof of starting QBs in this league, I think Stick might be closer than you think. How good can he be? Dunno, but the game at this level is not too big for him (whereas it is for quite a few "NFL QBs").

Time will tell.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Hmmm, ways to go. If a rookie QB like him started on any team, would he be at the bottom on the league? If started on a team with a killer D, top receivers, and a pretty decent running game (that he would be contributing to, lol), would he be a detriment, or on balance an asset? Just seeing the little I have, if I didn't have Rivers I'd start him, and be okay with the growing pains. What's nice is we have Tyrod as a stop gap QB. But again, on balance and looking at the quality and lack thereof of starting QBs in this league, I think Stick might be closer than you think. How good can he be? Dunno, but the game at this level is not too big for him (whereas it is for quite a few "NFL QBs").

Time will tell.
                    Can't be worse than clipboard Jesus whom we flipped picks from the Seahawks.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Time will tell.
                      You're giving him a very high praise based off a small amount of play time against backups. I like what I saw from him too but I expect he will need a lot more time to be ready to play in the NFL.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Was Dilfer? :shrug:

In anycase, ill say gain, we will be drafting a high round QB in the next two seasons.
                        Not sure about that...not saying Stick is the answer...but so far I can't say he won't evolve into the guy. He has traits you can't teach...arm strength seems to be a "bit" of an issue, but I saw Brees add a ton between his first year starting for the Chargers, and his Superbowl run with the saints....

But...I think if he doesn't continue to make strides, and Rivers seems declining...then maybe. Otherwise, I'm looking at more like 3 plus years before we make a big splash...if at all.

Got my fingers crossed on Stick. Like the kid.
                        Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                        (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                        23. A. Mitchell WR
                        37. K. Jenkins DT
                        69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                        110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                        181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                        253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Not sure about that...not saying Stick is the answer...but so far I can't say he won't evolve into the guy. He has traits you can't teach...arm strength seems to be a "bit" of an issue, but I saw Brees add a ton between his first year starting for the Chargers, and his Superbowl run with the saints....

But...I think if he doesn't continue to make strides, and Rivers seems declining...then maybe. Otherwise, I'm looking at more like 3 plus years before we make a big splash...if at all.

Got my fingers crossed on Stick. Like the kid.
                          So far? He has played a quarter and a half in 1 preseason against Arizona's 3rd string. They won't rely on one guy from the 5th round.
                          Lets see how he does but can't see them resting their lorals on him, at least not at this point.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-15-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍